Post-Game Talk: Champion capital hockey club @ AHL capital hockey club, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
It's time to trade Oshie. He'll get better as as he gets up to speed post concussion but another concussion will probably ruin him forever.

I don't know if Ted insured the contract but if he did, trading him to Arizona might work.
I disagree. He’s a clutch player down the stretch. He’ll perform in the spring

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He was the opposite of what you wrote for a stretch. He’s young, he will be inconsistent. I still see a future with us.
I think Bowey has a lot of potential.
Gotta wonder where Djoos is going to fit in when he returns. Bowey and Siegenthaler might have passed him and now Lewington off to a good start. Orpik will be returning soon. And we have 3 prospects that could pass Djoos by next season. There might not be a spot for him here.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It is interesting to note they have won 9 of their last 10, but look at who they've beaten:

Hurricanes twice
Sens twice
Sabres twice
Red Wings
Arizona
Blue Jackets (almost always beat them anyway).

Pens are the only team they've lost to. But look at those teams - they are all either out of the playoffs or in the case of the Sabres in a slump.

So while I am not concerned, it will be interesting to see how the team responds against quality opposition.

Even the next game against Nashville might not be a true test because they've been playing like carp.

im sorry, but you dont win 16 of 19 games because they play easy teams. come on.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It's time to trade Oshie. He'll get better as as he gets up to speed post concussion but another concussion will probably ruin him forever.

I don't know if Ted insured the contract but if he did, trading him to Arizona might work.

Well, this seems to be very premature. No question, the guy is playing poorly but it's not like we are over-flowing with top-6 forwards.

Trade him and you might be wishing you had Oshie back come playoff time.

Jun 15, 2007
Well, this seems to be very premature. No question, the guy is playing poorly but it's not like we are over-flowing with top-6 forwards.

Trade him and you might be wishing you had Oshie back come playoff time.
I meant in the offseason, not literally now.

And I've been advocating it for like a...year.

Use the money to sign Stone.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Honestly i’m shocked we’re in 3rd place in whole league (and with games in hand). I was fulling expecting a Cup hangover & some new-coach-adjustment hiccups

Reactions: funruiner

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Luckily the playoffs don't start tomorrow, because as things stand I don't think anybody can beat the Lightning, especially in a 7 game series.
The Lightning are a small team. I think they are the smallest team in the NHL. They can be beat in the playoffs.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Honestly i’m shocked we’re in 3rd place in whole league (and with games in hand). I was fulling expecting a Cup hangover & some new-coach-adjustment hiccups
We are kind of doing it with mirrors. We have won some games that we probably should have lost.
Tonight we got outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league. And a team with injury issues.
If we play like that against a decent team we would get destroyed.

Reactions: Heath

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I meant in the offseason, not literally now.

And I've been advocating it for like a...year.

Use the money to sign Stone.

I don't think Oshie is going anywhere until he has a poor playoff showing.

For what it's worth, in Ottawa's magical conference final run Stone had 8 points in 19 games. In our magical Cup run Oshie had 21 points in 24 games.

I've expressed my concerns about Oshie's contract and injury history in the past but let's not kid ourselves. Playoff performers like Oshie are not easy to find.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
im sorry, but you dont win 16 of 19 games because they play easy teams. come on.

You misunderstand me. I am saying that it's easy to throw around statistics such as "they've won 9 of their last 10" which can create the impression that they are unstoppable, but if you dig a little deeper there's more to it than meets the eye.
I think the team is coasting a little bit at the moment. That could be the quality of the opposition. That would also allow Reirden to use these (less than stellar) line combinations.

So from my perspective, I'll be interested to see what happens when they come up against one of the better quality teams.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
People were saying the exact same thing last year. The Lightning this, the Lightning that. Then they ran into a scrappy little pitbull known as the 2018 Washington Capitals.

The big thing that gives me confidence regarding Tampa is that we have been Tampa in the past and lost. Badly. Early in the playoffs.

Great team, though.

Reactions: Devil Dancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad