Post-Game Talk: Champion capital hockey club @ AHL capital hockey club, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What's there to be worried about?

We're only at the halfway point, so no one is what they will be in the playoffs. Not the Caps, the Pens or the Bolts. Even if personnel stays the same, injuries, momentum and strategic changes will all alter the landscape a bit over the next few months.

What we do know is that the Caps are once again one of the best teams in the league, so they will get a good shot to repeat. They have learned that the kids can at least play to the NHL level at D, and they can withstand some injuries at F. Copley looks like a legit #2. Oh, and Wilson is improving before our eyes.

I like our team.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You must have been watching a different game. We didnt quit trying to create offense. That was a big part of the problem that period. A 2 goal lead and we had 4 guys in deep all period.
I would agree with you for the most part. Was really ineffective offense rather than lack of effort. I don’t think they forechecked particularly aggressively though.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We are kind of doing it with mirrors. We have won some games that we probably should have lost.
Tonight we got outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league. And a team with injury issues.
If we play like that against a decent team we would get destroyed.
I think they played way too confident and showboating tonight. Likely knew their opponent. I don’t think they will play that way against stronger teams. Give Ottawa credit, they hustled like the dickens.

Reactions: BallardEra

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I think they played way too confident and showboating tonight. Likely knew their opponent. I don’t think they will play that way against stronger teams. Give Ottawa credit, they hustled like the dickens.

I give Ottawa a ton of credit.

This game was a palette cleanser after that dreary snooze fest against Carolina. If you are going to lose, at least make sure that you opponent had a hard time winning. Ottawa did.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It's time to trade Oshie. He'll get better as as he gets up to speed post concussion but another concussion will probably ruin him forever.

I don't know if Ted insured the contract but if he did, trading him to Arizona might work.

I’d prefer we just stop playing him with 2 of our other slow forwards, it’s not as if our lineup is full of slow players... why are they on the same line?!?!?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
You f***ing go Lew! Brought a tear to my eye tonight. Watching him bring everything he's got to the rink every night in Hershey and to have a game like that in his second pro game. :clap:

Have yourself a cold one my friend, you earned it.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
f*** Tampa bay, they're the same damn team they were last year and have been for a few. They can't handle a big physical team game after game after game. Especially one that's also loaded with talent. Caps in 5.

Reactions: The Deadly Pook Gas

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Random thoughts:

Horrible win. Playing down to your opponent is not a good look.

Also, no PP for us last night? Thinking a lil reffing bias.

Get Oshie off the top line.

I like the young Dmen so far: Bowey. His Delta Tau Chi name should be Ziggy
Same with Siegenthaler. I hope they call him Siege. Great hockey name.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
**** Tampa bay, they're the same damn team they were last year and have been for a few. They can't handle a big physical team game after game after game. Especially one that's also loaded with talent. Caps in 5.
I was wondering about that. Did they have any turnover from last year? I know Kunitz is gone so that should be an upgrade. They got rolled last year so unless they retooled the blue line there shouldn’t be too much to worry about.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Anyone else worried about the game tomorrow? Preds come in having lost 5 straight while the Caps have won 4 straight. Desperate team versus one thinking about New Year's plans.

Hopefully the boys are ready for this one.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
In favor of Ottawa? I don't see it. If anything thebSens were pissed at some non-calls against the Caps.

Maybe...maybe not. They at least got a PP. So no penalties committed by a bunch juniors who are the bottom-barrel of the NHL. Sure.

Also, the Sens should be mad that they're the Sens.

funruiner

Dec 20, 2018
Ontario
I just feel like it needs to be reiterated again that Oshie and Wilson need to switch line positions immediately. I love TJ but it's not working out this way.

Reactions: twabby

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005

We're gonna have to come up,with some Bowie-esqe moniker for the Bowey Ziegy pairing.

Star Men seems a bit premature
Spiders From Mars is all I got. Need to crowd-source this

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
In favor of Ottawa? I don't see it. If anything thebSens were pissed at some non-calls against the Caps.
Yeah... first goal should have not happened 3 different times but it magically still counted. I would also love to see other angles of the Bowey hit, but they actually called the Instigator which was midly shocking.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Random thoughts:

Horrible win. Playing down to your opponent is not a good look.

Also, no PP for us last night? Thinking a lil reffing bias.

Get Oshie off the top line.

I like to call them FYC and Jonas Adultman from their resemblances to the lead singer of fine young cannibals and 1 kid standing on another kids shoulders, respectively.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Who's your Adultman? I'd nominate Djoos.
jonas-siegenthaler-first-ahl-point-1.jpg

latest

Djoos just looks like 1 kid

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad