Recalled/Assigned: Delete

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I fully expected the Formenton move but wasn't sure about Chabot going back right away. He looked pretty good although Boucher probably sheltered him as much as he could on the road. The reality is that it's a numbers game. They already have 6 healthy one way D plus EK and no one deserves to sit when EK comes back even though one might have to if Boucher goes back to the more traditional 12-6 to dress Brown. Chabot needs to play big minutes in all situations and he'll get that chance in Belleville. He'll be back soon enough and probably next time it will be to stay.

Reactions: aragorn

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Guess this means Brown is more likely here to stay but who would be our first forward called up now Mccormick LW, Blunden Rw and Chlapik at centre?

Paul is back from injury, I would be surprised if they didn't give him a shot. I think they'll see what Paul does and if he's not good enough they'll try to trade for a forward like Dorion has stated couple times already.

I don't think keeping Chabot up at this point made sense. Karlsson will be back and all of our D played well so far this season. Wideman might be traded if you ask me but then again depth on D is so important (we've already tested it big time 5 games in) that they might want to keep him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty excited about Paul.

He has all the tools and has looked quite good when called up before.

This is his big chance, let us hope he makes the most of it.

Reactions: aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chabot looked very good, but he still needs to polish his defensive game a bit. Giving him a month or two in Belleville will be good for him (and Belleville fans).

It's going to be fun to see Formenton in the OHL this season. Kid is a steal.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Pretty excited about Paul.

He has all the tools and has looked quite good when called up before.

This is his big chance, let us hope he makes the most of it.

He's in the last year of his contract ....... so he should be motivated.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I would have thought it crazy a year ago, but Phaneuf and Karlsson could work.

Dion is playing a much more conservative game these days but still physical. He did pinch recently and it resulted in a fine goal.

He may be the guy who is the most like Methot on the team, but he also has a shot that EK could make use of.QUOTE]

He'd probably be the best to have; EK and Dion both shoot with different hands - right? And we all know Dion has a cannon, they could feed each other all day.

Plus yeah, he's basically a slow Methot.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's really the only move to make at this juncture. Moving a d man for a forward in a 'hockey trade' will happen at some point in my opinion. D men are far more scarce than a middle 6 forward. Some team will have injuries at some point or they won't be satisfied with their d core or have a struggling pp. (Wideman) They should keep going 11 and 7 it's working very well. Means more ice time for the best forwards anyways.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I've been arguing with people since the summer that with a healthy roster both Chabot & White would be sent down to Belleville to play because of the number of one way contracts (the numbers) & for both of them to learn the pro game & this system. Chabot needs to work on the defensive side of the game & White needs to produce offensively, when he gets back from injury that is. Both are going to be very good players for this team sooner rather than later.

With Mac out indefinitely that 12th forward spot could be up for grabs, both Paul & White have a shot at it & I would think Paul has the inside track having been around a little longer & maybe more suited for a bottom six role. Having said that though, maybe they dress 7 defencemen because they don't like their depth at forward & could bring in via trade or UFA signing a veteran forward. I doubt they keep Brown longer than 9 games but you never know, he has the IQ, the vision, the hands, the size & the play making ability they could use more of it, but lacks experience & needs to work on the defensive side of things. Can't argue with the way this team has started the season though, they are hard to play against, very good defensively & finally play hard from beginning to end & can come back from deficits.

Reactions: Cosmix

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I see Paul and White as our 12th and 13th (after Brown is sent down) but we're bound to have injuries and may have to dig a little deeper. Adding a forward at some point seems like a foregone conclusion.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I see Paul and White as our 12th and 13th (after Brown is sent down) but we're bound to have injuries and may have to dig a little deeper. Adding a forward at some point seems like a foregone conclusion.

Agreed, I do think both end up here eventually especially if they dont add anyone. Paul put in the work this summer, very unfortunate injury for him personally. I dont really see the point of keeping Brown up right now if Paul is in fact healthy. For two reasons, the first is they play great with the 11 and 7 format and secondly if there is an injury up front they have Paul to call up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm also of the opinion that Brown will be returned to junior after or more likely before his 9 game are up. I just don't see any scenario where he stays with so many other options in Belleville. What I expect though is that Max McCormick could be the guy who gets called up to play that 12th forward position & they have no intention of trading for a forward. Why else would they have given McCormick a two yr deal if they aren't going t play him in Ottawa with the 2nd yr being a one way contract?

Didn't the exact same thing happen to Claesson a couple of yrs ago where he signed for two yrs & the second yr was a one way? He played a lot to end the season last yr including the playoffs when he was in the first yr of that contract & on a two way & this yr he was part of the team from day 1. I like Paul & prefer Paul but IMO McCormick has the inside track for the 12th spot. I also think Harpur has the inside track on defence & they are going to make Chabot work for it & White will have to work for it too.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm also of the opinion that Brown will be returned to junior after or more likely before his 9 game are up. I just don't see any scenario where he stays with so many other options in Belleville. What I expect though is that Max McCormick could be the guy who gets called up to play that 12th forward position & they have no intention of trading for a forward. Why else would they have given McCormick a two yr deal if they aren't going t play him in Ottawa with the 2nd yr being a one way contract?

Didn't the exact same thing happen to Claesson a couple of yrs ago where he signed for two yrs & the second yr was a one way? He played a lot to end the season last yr including the playoffs when he was in the first yr of that contract & on a two way & this yr he was part of the team from day 1. I like Paul & prefer Paul but IMO McCormick has the inside track for the 12th spot. I also think Harpur has the inside track on defence & they are going to make Chabot work for it & White will have to work for it too.
Nope, Claesson was on a 2-way and signed a 1-way extension this year. I don't think McCormick will see much time this year, though his (honestly baffling) 1-way contract next year tells us he will be here next year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Nope, Claesson was on a 2-way and signed a 1-way extension this year. I don't think McCormick will see much time this year, though his (honestly baffling) 1-way contract next year tells us he will be here next year.

It doesn't mean much tbh.

The only thing it means is that he has a garanteed NHL salary.

I look at our forwards rigjt now and only Turris and Stone are not under contract next season. Stone will get re-upped and likely Turris too. Maybe they trade Smith or Burrows/Pyatt/Thompson and even then they have White, Brown, Chlapik... Hard to see where he fits in honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad