Recalled/Assigned: Delete

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
giphy.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Good job by Chabot on this callup. I am glad he had some success and got the opportunities to show off his more positive attributes.

Oduya Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Claesson Wideman
Boro or some variation of this...

Oduya will be gone by next year
Claesson looks like a keeper... I prefer him on the left side
Boro has been somewhere between acceptable and good this year but I think he has to be / should be the 7th D
Wideman likely is moved or walks as a UFA
If they could move Phaneuf in the off season it would really help the $

next year maybe we see
Chabot Karlsson
Claesson Ceci
Phaneuf Jaros
Boro

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Good job by Chabot on this callup. I am glad he had some success and got the opportunities to show off his more positive attributes.

Oduya Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Claesson Wideman
Boro or some variation of this...

Oduya will be gone by next year
Claesson looks like a keeper... I prefer him on the left side
Boro has been somewhere between acceptable and good this year but I think he has to be / should be the 7th D
Wideman likely is moved or walks as a UFA
If they could move Phaneuf in the off season it would really help the $

next year maybe we see
Chabot Karlsson
Claesson Ceci
Phaneuf Jaros
Boro
Ceci and phaneuf simply look better apart.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Boud

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Glad chabby is going down. He's clearly NHL ready but I'd prefer to over season my rooks a bit. Hold them all back and harvest a double cohort next year.

Reactions: Boud and Altimus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would have thought it crazy a year ago, but Phaneuf and Karlsson could work.

Dion is playing a much more conservative game these days but still physical. He did pinch recently and it resulted in a fine goal.

He may be the guy who is the most like Methot on the team, but he also has a shot that EK could make use of.

The worry with him coming into Ottawa was his need to make game-breaking plays that put him out of position, and his lack of speed.

But so far this season, it was commented that he almost looks lazy because he's playing more reserved.

A conservative enough Phaneuf could potentially play shotgun to Karlsson, who himself is improving every season.

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Oduya-Wideman/Borowiecki

As far as pairings go, they don't look bad.

Ceci and Claesson have both been making a lot of plays this season, e.g. pinching, rushing the puck out of the zone, or standing up at the line, so they'll have to find some kind of rhythm to ensure that they aren't sacrificing too much D.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It makes sense with how Wideman is playing. Chabot is better than him, but it's marginal returns at this point with how Wideman is playing so give Chabot the minutes in the AHL With Karlsson coming in, it made sense to take out one of the puck moving PPQBs.

I think we'll lose a D in some form in a trade and depending on which D that is, it'll make room for Chabot to return. If Wideman starts playing poorly, I would not be against Chabot coming back up either. But for now, this is the right move.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Guess this means Brown is more likely here to stay but who would be our first forward called up now Mccormick LW, Blunden Rw and Chlapik at centre?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

I don't think Phaneuf has the foot speed to play well with Karlsson as a full time partner. Methot was fairly mobile. Karlsson doesn't need a fast D, but he needs someone with mobility who can support when Karlsson pursues, or think fast when Karlsson occasionally does something really aggressive. They can work well on a PP or late in the game in small sample sizes in the offensive zone, but I think Phaneuf might be too slow to compliment Karlsson.

I could be wrong but I don't think Phaneuf is an ideal partner for Karlsson.

Guess this means Brown is more likely here to stay but who would be our first forward called up now Mccormick LW, Blunden Rw and Chlapik at centre?

Brown can play up to 9 games before burning a year of his ELC. White will be back in a few weeks at most. I think it'll become more apparent what will happen with Brown once White returns, but I don't think Brown not being sent down with Formenton today means he is with the team full time from this point on. (My apologies if you weren't implying that)

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Brown can play up to 9 games before burning a year of his ELC. White will be back in a few weeks at most. I think it'll become more apparent what will happen with Brown once White returns, but I don't think Brown not being sent down with Formenton today means he is with the team full time from this point on. (My apologies if you weren't implying that)

All good, just figured we know who is being called up on D. Harpur, Chabot or Jaros. But is it more dependant on who is injured on forward or White no matter what or who could it be if White isn't ready. Just in case.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brown will be sent back to Windsor ... He may see more action but he'll go back by the end of the month one way or another.

next up? depends on when that is

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yep, this was the most likely outcome of everyone getting healthy.

Look forward to Chabot logging a crap-ton of minutes in the AHL and bringing some fire with him when we call him up later in the season and into the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep, this was the most likely outcome of everyone getting healthy.

Look forward to Chabot logging a crap-ton of minutes in the AHL and bringing some fire with him when we call him up later in the season and into the playoffs.
With three giys in the AHL that all look like NHL caliber dmen we should be looking to trade someone. Chabot should be back soon enough.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

Dion is playing a much more conservative game these days but still physical. He did pinch recently and it resulted in a fine goal.

He may be the guy who is the most like Methot on the team, but he also has a shot that EK could make use of.

The worry with him coming into Ottawa was his need to make game-breaking plays that put him out of position, and his lack of speed.

But so far this season, it was commented that he almost looks lazy because he's playing more reserved.

A conservative enough Phaneuf could potentially play shotgun to Karlsson, who himself is improving every season.

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Oduya-Wideman/Borowiecki

As far as pairings go, they don't look bad.

Ceci and Claesson have both been making a lot of plays this season, e.g. pinching, rushing the puck out of the zone, or standing up at the line, so they'll have to find some kind of rhythm to ensure that they aren't sacrificing too much D.
My concern with Phaneuf - Karlsson is that Phaneuf's limitations make it hard for him to get back. Kind of, "setting him up to fail" by playing so much ES and OZ minutes.

I like Claesson as a partner because he plays man-defense so well and is such a smooth/fast skater. If we do a turnover offensively, Claesson has an eaiser time getting back and hounding the opponent's puck carrier. A lot of Karlsson's miscues are in the offensive zone. Phaneuf would have to play very conservatively to be able to get back in-time, which would limit his effectiveness. Personally, I prefer him with lots of DZ starts and PP time where his speed isn't a factor and his skill and strength shines best. I don't mind him on the PP, because the opponent is less likely to be able to take advantage.

I also liked what I saw of Ceci and Oduya from pre-season as well.

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Wideman/Chabot

Oduya - Ceci
There pairings aren't a reflection of limiting Ceci and promoting Wideman, as much as it is about finding the right balance in pairings.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
im just going to patiently wait for the trade that allows us to call up chabot

he came up and showed he is an nhl dman but so far there is no dman on the team that played so poorly that chabot deserves a spot over them(that includes boro and ceci surprisingly)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad