Claimed off Waivers: [CGY] Flames claim D Joel Hanley off waivers from the Stars

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
A long, long, time. We have a pretty good farm club and we're seeing that the recent additions of the likes of Zary, Pospisil, Pelletier, and Coronato are or will be solid NHL'ers. And not 4th liners either.

It wasn’t meant as a dig but more so to display my amusement. I’ve been happy with their waiver claims this year especially Greer and Pachal. I expect Hanley to be a serviceable bottom pair D and we will need NHL defencemen as we continue to ship out the UFAs.

Feels like half the waiver claims have come to Calgary or been taken from them this year.

Reactions: Nanuuk

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014

To this I don't think what he said was bad, he was just a salty ex but my favorite part was when all the stars players had to come out and borderline disown Avery as if hockey room culture doesn't say some of the most heinous garbage especially at that time.

As for Hanley seems like extra depth once they trade Hanafin.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not a high bar but Hanley-Pachal as your depth fill-ins is light years more competent than putting Gilbert and Oesterle out there.
I don't mind Gilbert. He's at least physical while playing like a 7-8. Oesterle. Goodness, he's a 9-10 and brings no edge at all. It boggles my mind that he keeps finding work as a 7.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tanev gone. Hanifin on the way. Hanley is a warm body with NHL experience to finish out the season.
He also has an additional year in case we struggle to add free agent defen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad