Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] F Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Pettersson I've been higher than Canuck fans on for years. Hughes is overrated. He's a liability in a lot of ways and an engine in a lot of ways. A bit like a poor man's Erik Karlsson.
"In a lot of ways"...translation, I don't know shit about hockey and am trying to troll and talk sh!t but don't 'know gud werds' to do it.

Quinn Hughes is not a liability when he is on the ice no matter what the situation is. He has elite hockey IQ on offense and defense and reads plays in both zones top 5% in the league. To suggest otherwise means you don't watch the games or take the time to listen/read-up on analysis from home team or its opponents.

Stop talking about hockey until you understand what's happening on the ice when you 'watch' a game. Unbelievably brutal take bro...stop.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Habs fans just crème their pants thinking they’re getting the 1st OV pick from the Flames is a fantasy.

He got his retirement contract after a career year. He has no ambition to play anymore.
He is a secondary player in a good team, your 4/5 best forward. He isn’t good enough and never has been to be more than that. In Calgary they expect more and he is just not able to deliver.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He is a secondary player in a good team, your 4/5 best forward. He isn’t good enough and never has been to be more than that. In Calgary they expect more and he is just not able to deliver.
Given his age, just never going get value over the length of the contract. 2009 draft pick who signed in 2022 at age 31. Lucky to get 3 good years before you saw a noticeable decline in production.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Pettersson I've been higher than Canuck fans on for years. Hughes is overrated. He's a liability in a lot of ways and an engine in a lot of ways. A bit like a poor man's Erik Karlsson.
I always wonder when I read comments like this, I know your a flames fan and you likely hate the canucks, and by the way right back atcha, but are just being deliberately stupid here with this POV or do you actually not understand hockey?

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Given his age, just never going get value over the length of the contract. 2009 draft pick who signed in 2022 at age 31. Lucky to get 3 good years before you saw a noticeable decline in production.
With the cap increasing as it is, it’s possible the contract may not age as badly. That being said, it isn’t off to a good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad