Confirmed with Link: CGY acquires Dougie Hamilton from BOS in exchange for picks 15, 45 and 52 in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Quiet honestly I've seen the same description of him even before he was traded.

I think Hamilton was in a peculiar situation last season; Chara was out for most of the season leaving Hamilton and Seidenberg the only real competent top pairing guys for Boston. He absolutely showed #1 potential but was not ready to be a guy to carry the top pairing last year. If Chara was healthy Hamilton would have been under a different light.

In Calgary he'll have a lot more support in Gio, Brodie, Russel and Wideman. We can afford to shelter him a little bit as he continues to develop; the offense is there already.

Very true. He'll never be a banger and some of his unforced turnovers are mind boggling,but if that's just youth and not an indication of hockey smarts,he should be an excellent number 2. A true number 1? Maybe,but I don't think so.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
From a bruin fan, congrats. Flames have always sorta been my "western team" so that's the only positive about this awful deal for uns. Seems like I'll watch a few more flames games next season :) treat him well!

He's seriously worth every penny he's asking for. #1 Dman at the age of 22, everyone's numbers skyrocket when on the ice with him. You're very lucky to have gotten him for very little. Sick core you have now.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
As much as I would not like to break up Brodano, classroom is right. Also would be good to have a right shot on each pairing.

I'd be surprised if Wideman is with the Flames to start the season though.

Yeah, I think each pairing will feature a LH and RH shot. As such, I would speculate the pairings would be:

Giordano - Hamilton
Russell - Wideman
Brodie - Engelland

Brodie and Engelland ended the year together after Giordano got hurt, and they were pretty good with one another. Russell and Wideman have great chemistry, so no need to break up those two unless Wideman is traded.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I want Brodie and Hamilton to get going with chemistry.

Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Hamilton
Russell - Engelland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad