Confirmed with Link: CGY acquires Dougie Hamilton from BOS in exchange for picks 15, 45 and 52 in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFG

Oct 19, 2013
Just woke up to find out this had happened. Holy ****.
Dougie Hockey!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
100% honest. Dougie Hamilton was one of those players I day dreamt of the Flames having, and then brushed it off thinking yah right, and here we are, ecstatic!!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Skimming through other boards threads on the Hamilton trade (it's well worth reading Oilers fans reactions), its all Burke this and Burke that. Barely any mentions of Treliving whatsoever. Unfair but I don't see that changing so long as Burke is here, unfortunately.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
9mDe9xR.jpg

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Skimming through other boards threads on the Hamilton trade (it's well worth reading Oilers fans reactions), its all Burke this and Burke that. Barely any mentions of Treliving whatsoever. Unfair but I don't see that changing so long as Burke is here, unfortunately.

It's funny, you only hear that from the fans, hockey media were giving high praise to Treliving all day after the trade.. But I guess, you get a guy like Burke, the ego, the personality, the look, and that's all the fans see/want to see.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Congrats Flames fans. Things really looking up for you guys. Love what the new management has done with this team.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Do you guys think Dougie will start the year with Gio on the top pairing? Or will Hartley keep Gio and TJ together to start at least?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
50 year Bruins fan. Admittedly not a big Dougie fan. If he ever becomes a true top defenseman then I'd be surprised. Get ready for some excellent play and some absolutely boneheaded play. No snarl at all,though he did try at times. If he develops away from those mistake prone games,he'll be excellent,maybe it is just growth. Good luck.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Do you guys think Dougie will start the year with Gio on the top pairing? Or will Hartley keep Gio and TJ together to start at least?

Before today logic would say Russell is our #3, so Hamilton plays beside him on the 2nd. Leave the magic of Brodano, move Wideman down.

But we discussed this at Schanks, 100TG suggested to play Dougie with Gio, Brodie with Wideman, Russell with Engelland. That is incredibly balanced and something I'd consider for sure.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Before today logic would say Russell is our #3, so Hamilton plays beside him on the 2nd. Leave the magic of Brodano, move Wideman down.

But we discussed this at Schanks, 100TG suggested to play Dougie with Gio, Brodie with Wideman, Russell with Engelland. That is incredibly balanced and something I'd consider for sure.

Yeah I would think we would keep Gio and TJ together to start at least, and I agree Russell for sure needs to stay 2nd line. Thanks for response Hox!

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
50 year Bruins fan. Admittedly not a big Dougie fan. If he ever becomes a true top defenseman then I'd be surprised. Get ready for some excellent play and some absolutely boneheaded play. No snarl at all,though he did try at times. If he develops away from those mistake prone games,he'll be excellent,maybe it is just growth. Good luck.

Quiet honestly I've seen the same description of him even before he was traded.

I think Hamilton was in a peculiar situation last season; Chara was out for most of the season leaving Hamilton and Seidenberg the only real competent top pairing guys for Boston. He absolutely showed #1 potential but was not ready to be a guy to carry the top pairing last year. If Chara was healthy Hamilton would have been under a different light.

In Calgary he'll have a lot more support in Gio, Brodie, Russel and Wideman. We can afford to shelter him a little bit as he continues to develop; the offense is there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad