OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Every time we luck our way into someone competent, they make him go away.

We're stuck with the dumb Saputo, the one they don't want at the family business.

Reactions: Gustave

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I don't like soccer. I've never been to a game and probably never will. But I still hope our local teams have success and follow their seasons including the Impact (don't care for that stupid CFMTL name). But Saputo is a dumb effer and makes me not care at all anymore about the team.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Let's just say Joey is real lucky this isn't the Habs. He should be getting major heat from this, but since most of the local sport media scene is stuck in the 80's and doesn't care about soccer, he probably won't even get a slap on the hand. Today is the draft lottery too, which I half expect is why it's getting announced now.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Let's just say Joey is real lucky this isn't the Habs. He should be getting major heat from this, but since most of the local sport media scene is stuck in the 80's and doesn't care about soccer, he probably won't even get a slap on the hand.
Take it a step further. As Tony usually points out, the local media that does cover the team have drunk the Koolaid so they'll never say anything negative about the team or owner.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
MLS is also doing a real good job at controlling who covers teams. And therefore avoiding actual critical pieces about them.

I used to laugh at Péladeau wanting an NHL team but look at what he's done in a short time with the Als.

Oh and Forge leads

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Every time we luck our way into someone competent, they make him go away.

We're stuck with the dumb Saputo, the one they don't want at the family business.

Competent people know their worth.

God I'm still pissed about this.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Saputo had been too quiet lately and things were going too well. So of course he has to sabotage something so people don't forget that he is still the owner and a thug in a suit.

Reactions: Andrei79

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Saputo had been too quiet lately and things were going too well. So of course he has to sabotage something so people don't forget that he is still the owner and a thug in a suit.

He's in Bologna, his team is playing in the Champions League next year

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't even think for Choiniere it's a budget thing because of the amount of money coming off the books after this year. I just think he feels that Quebecois players should be grateful for having the opportunity to play at home and should therefore be on super cheap contracts.

There's probably a large element of "You have a club option so screw you I'm not renegotiating".

Which is even more r-word.

Renard says the money is available, its just Saputo refusing to pay a homegrown talent his market value.

Amateur.

Reactions: TRG and SupRocket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad