Confirmed with Link: Cervenka signs 3 year deal with SKA (KHL)

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Feaster also indicated before the season started that they knew that the kind of centre he played in the KHL was different than the type of centre which we're used to in the NHL.

Apparently LW'ers are centers in the KHL. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just means one more spot for a young player to play.
No it doesn't. there was already no room for Cervenka without there being injuries, he was barely able to keep a spot with Baertschi & Horak in the minors.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
He could have been a good second liner with time and effort, I think. Was still a good signing. No loss. This does free up some space on the depth chart, giving new guys opportunities to step up which could be big next season.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I still think he'd have done amazingly with Detroit. Oh well, makes a spot for a young guy.

No he wouldn't have. He doesn't have Hudler's skill level, and he's soft. He'd instantly be in Babcock's automatic doghouse for being a soft player (the same way Hudler was for being small) and wouldn't get a real chance to play.

His lack of defensive acumen is another thing that would keep him off the ice in Detroit. Hudler isn't a Selke contender, but he knows how to play defensively. Cervenka says good luck to his goalie before the game, then doesn't see him again until after the game.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
Well....if you can't be better than a very average (and soft) 3rd liner (or fully insufficient 2nd liner) in the NHL, I guess you take more (or at least similar) money (and better security) to play in the worlds finest 1b/upper minor league. Best of luck Roman. (Won't be missed much. We already have a Stajan, but thanks for coming out) Go hard! :p:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Well then. There are 5.1 million reasons he left.

According to the agency R-Sport, referring to the unnamed source, should pay Červenka represent approximately 160 million rubles (approximately USD 5.1 million, 4 million euro) for the duration of your contract. Podľa rovnakého zdroja ide o druhý najvyššÃ­ kontrakt v KHL po Alexandrovi Radulovovi v CSKA Moskva, kde má zmluvu do 30.4.2016, Rus by mal zinkasovať 280 miliónov rubľov (cca 8,9 mil. USD, 7 mil. euro). According to the same source IDE for the second highest contract in the KHL after Alexander Radulov at CSKA Moscow, where he has a contract to April 30, 2016, the Russian should able to collect 280 million rubles (about USD 8.9 million, 7 million).
Poorly translated from this site: http://webhokej24.sk/rusko/khl-aktu...a-tri-roky-romana-cervenku-za-4-miliony-rocne

TylerSVT*

Rich and having fun in a worse league > less money and benching in NHL.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well then. There are 5.1 million reasons he left.

Poorly translated from this site: http://webhokej24.sk/rusko/khl-aktu...a-tri-roky-romana-cervenku-za-4-miliony-rocne
funny think is I bet he would have gotten 1.5 million on an NHL deal for this coming season and he is only going to improve as he showed his skills are there. He probably actually would have ended up making closer to 6 million during that time in the NHL has he stuck it out for another 3 years.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
funny think is I bet he would have gotten 1.5 million on an NHL deal for this coming season and he is only going to improve as he showed his skills are there. He probably actually would have ended up making closer to 6 million during that time in the NHL has he stuck it out for another 3 years.
I don't know Slovakian, but I strongly suspect he is receiving 5.1 million per year, not 5.1 million as a total over the course of his contract.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't know Slovakian, but I strongly suspect he is receiving 5.1 million per year, not 5.1 million as a total over the course of his contract.
This is all I have to say

Červenka represent approximately 160 million rubles (approximately USD 5.1 million, 4 million euro) for the duration of your contract.

Schalkenullvier*

the guy is extremely talented, but a european player playing european style, so not as miuch suited to the NHL (not anything wrong with that either). I think he could have been a top 6 NHL winger, but he'd have to prove himself over a few seasons with bottom 6 pay. So he went back to his natural habitat and gets much more money too. No brainer really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad