GDT: CBJ @ STL | 8 PM EST

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just finished watching the highlights, happy for Elvis to get the SO.

Looked kinda like a sleepy game, but it's better to be on the W side of those.

Feel good win for the boys heading into the All Star break.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think that awkward looking attempted diving block by KJ was my favorite play of the game. The save by Elvis was huge and all but now even guys like Johnson are selling out to try and help the team win and hold these leads. You can question a lot about this team but they are still trying and playing for each other

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
While it wasn’t at all pretty, the Jackets held it together in the 3rd which is something to cheer about.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
43 shots between both teams. This looked like a game where the Blues were already on their break. Glad we finally got a shutout. Been a long time. It is also the third game this season that we allowed fewer than 2 goals.

I liked our goal, but what was Robert Thomas doing? It was like he was trying to turn the puck over.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
That was their first long road trip and it might have brought the team closer. They were fighting for each other. The Blues did not see the puck the first 5 minutes. I wonder if the accumulation of all these extra events have not made them stronger. May seem counter intuitive, given how Elvis (I'm a number 1), Jiricek (I mastered the AHL and deserve to play in the NHL), Laine (not sure it helps to scratch a player to increase his confidence) and Chinakov (they don't trust me enough here) went public about their distaste of CBJ management (and big ego for some of them), but it may also have bond the players together, as other less vocal players may share a bit of this distaste. Besides, Laine has severe mental issues to deal with, Jenner and Bodquist lost their front teeth for the team (unfortunate that their own teammate caused it), Fantili is cut and out for 8 more weeks. Mental issues and injuries are part of the sport, but they happened in a short span of time at Colombus and who knows, maybe the players decided that it was worth to get something decent out of this crappy season by showing more solidarity and resilience.

Of course, this was just a game, but as I wrote a couple of month earlier, they've never been so close to start a serie of wins. Answer in 10 days.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Also is it ok to say I like this version of Gudbranson? He was trash for a long time but hes simplified things and its really working for him
He has settled in in his second year on the club
who would have thought that was possible? I have the same hope for Severson next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad