Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
Bemstroms length and weight at eliteprospects isn’t correct. He’s around 6'0'/183 cm and 200 pounds/90 kg.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How many players are at career highs this year in goals? Seriously Cam since Torts took over has hit a new level. Anderson has become a premier PF the likes of which have basically disappeared in the league. PLD who was joked about by fan bases and said would at best be a mid 6 LW is a legit 1C. What is Bjorkstrands goals this year compared to previous years im curious... he has actually been scoring as of late.

The problem is all our wingers are RW so who should play over Anderson or Atkinson? Bjorkstrand doesnt play the game either of those guys do. Anderson when playing on the 1st line scores at a higher rate so its not like he should get moved to the 3rd line and no chance in hell should Cam. So Bjorkstrand has to play 3rd at highest. Milano is pure skill defensive liability that was known going into the pick and he hasnt worked out. If he scores 1 goal but gives up 3 is it worth it? I 100% see Foudy being a guy with the energy and drive to thrive under Torts. Tex as well seems like he has a chip on his shoulder because size so Im not worried about him.

Bremstrom in general worries me as a great European scorer who might not translate regardless of who coaches. I see him being a person who needs the right coach on the right team with the right teamates at the right time.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
Bremstrom in general worries me as a great European scorer who might not translate regardless of who coaches. I see him being a person who needs the right coach on the right team with the right teamates at the right time.
On what grounds makes you think that? He’s been playing with several different players this year, almost every player in the team except the first line players. The most of the time he’s been playing with teammates who generally isn’t players who makes points and he still got 13 goals and 21 points in 5v5. He’s ice time cut is also under 11 minutes at even strength. Of course in PP he’s been playing with good players, but who doesn’t play with good players in pp?

Reactions: Jackets16

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
On what grounds makes you think that? He’s been playing with several different players this year, almost every player in the team except the first line players. The most of the time he’s been playing with teammates who generally isn’t players who makes points and he still got 13 goals and 21 points in 5v5. He’s ice time cut is also under 11 minutes at even strength. Of course in PP he’s been playing with good players, but who doesn’t play with good players in pp?
My biggest worry is how his game will transition when he has less space to work with and the increased physicality in the NHL

Reactions: mikeyp24

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
My biggest worry is how his game will transition when he has less space to work with and the increased physicality in the NHL
IMO he’s playstyle is more NA friendly. He likes to get into the spot where it can be a little messy and he’s skilled at the tight areas, he also loves to battle. He also is extremely skilled to find the right areas at the right time, which in my opinion is really hard to develop. The shot instinct and the one timer is definitely useful in Europe, but it’s even more useful in NA.

He also did an amazing tournament at the small rinks in the wjc but it’s hard to tell when he’s playing against juniors just a few games. The physical game should be the biggest question when he comes to NA. He manage to handle it pretty well in the SHL but in NHL it’s another big step.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
IMO he’s playstyle is more NA friendly. He likes to get into the spot where it can be a little messy and he’s skilled at the tight areas, he also loves to battle. He also is extremely skilled to find the right areas at the right time, which in my opinion is really hard to develop. The shot instinct and the one timer is definitely useful in Europe, but it’s even more useful in NA.

He also did an amazing tournament at the small rinks in the wjc but it’s hard to tell when he’s playing against juniors just a few games. The physical game should be the biggest question when he comes to NA. He manage to handle it pretty well in the SHL but in NHL it’s another big step.
Wubs said what I feel maybe in a more understandable way. Its more of the ice size and when I said players and coach I meant that can help him succeed on smaller ice with there play. But Im also going purely on reading articles and highlights I havent seen a full league game only some wjc stuff.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

I don't know. Besides his shot one of the things I've been the most impressed with is his ability to read the game and find open space and also be in the right space. Both on the powerplay and 5on5. He's very good at always moving his feet to make himself avilable and create an open line to pass him the puck.

But going from one rink size to another is always a risk. But I don't think he will struggle with less space itself but perhaps the physicality that comes with it can be troublesome at times, we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaguaren

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't know. Besides his shot one of the things I've been the most impressed with is his ability to read the game and find open space and also be in the right space. Both on the powerplay and 5on5. He's very good at always moving his feet to make himself avilable and create an open line to pass him the puck.

But going from one rink size to another is always a risk. But I don't think he will struggle with less space itself but perhaps the physicality that comes with it can be troublesome at times, we'll see.
I appreciate the scouting reports, I've not been able to see anything but highlights from him so I can't really base anything on anything other those. I'm really curious to see how he plays away from the puck, if he's effective both with and without the puck he could definitely have a long career.

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
Texier just scored his first career NA goal!!!

I know there are a lot of Portzline haters but this tweet was awesome.

Some of the twitter replies are

He will never get called up doing stuff like that.

that's not the blue jacket way! Cut him!

Clearly he’s not ready for the NHL

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
He also appears to know what to do when you receive a pass. But why do that when you can let it bounce over your stick, or panic like you didn't expect your teammate to pass it to you?

Bench him. Bench. Him.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thought you guys might want to know: Vehvilainen with a shutout in the playoffs today. What a steal this guy could be.
I don't know how good VV will be but...

I think it is the hardest position to project in any pro sport and some of the best goalies to ever play the game have been late rounders (or undrafted) including current goalies like Lundqvist, Rinne and Bobs.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Btw in net for Hershey's is Ilya Samsonov, Caps 1st round pick, he played 83 KHL games and in KHL playoffs with very good stats. And you can see his stats in AHL, (1st half of the season was brutal) he has improved since then.
Ilya Samsonov at eliteprospects.com

So, you are NHL ready, when you show it in NHL..

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tex is going to have to find a new number if he wants to play in Columbus. Me thinks 13 is taken.

That said, he is making the AHL look easy to start his NA career.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's a shame his memories of his first NA goal will include wearing a hideous turtle jersey.
Those are probably my favorite Jerseys ive legit ever seen with 0 sarcasm. f***ing amazing.

Anyone know if they are selling them? Id make a custom one no one on the team I want to represent yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad