Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Was Vehvilainen playing in that game?

Can’t f***ing wait to see Tex. I haven’t been this excited to see a prospect in awhile.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Bemström scored most goals and he was also #1 with 10 PP goals out of all the players in SHL.

He missed some games and still won. IIRC he surpassed Naslund. He tallied Forsberg and he might've surpassed him as well as an U20 player goalscoring-wise in Elitserien/SHL. Only Elias Pettersson had more goals (24).

His shot is amazing, I think he's NHL ready.

Edit; He played 47 games, 23 goals on 92 shots. TOI: 13:46.

The guy who finished 2nd played 52 games, 21 goals on 153 shots. TOI: 18:29. He's also 26 years old and played on the team that are the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
His shot is amazing, I think he's NHL ready.

Well his shot is NHL ready. :laugh:

I don't think this team is a great environment for a kid to come on and develop, and play through his warts. The coach instinctively benches anyone new, and freaks out at little mistakes. I could see Bemstrom joining the team and getting stuck in a Bjorkstrand role, where he plays on the PP but gets inconsistent opportunity the rest of the time. Not that there isn't value in that role - as is Bjorkstrand adds a lot - but if we hope that Bemstrom can develop into something more than that, into a guy who can make plays and thrive in different game situations, then his best place to start next year is probably not in the NHL.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Elvis lost game 3 - 4:5. It's 13 goals in 3 games allowed.
Edit: Well it's not horrible like last game, idk what goal i would blame him.

Last edited:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Well his shot is NHL ready. :laugh:

I don't think this team is a great environment for a kid to come on and develop, and play through his warts. The coach instinctively benches anyone new, and freaks out at little mistakes. I could see Bemstrom joining the team and getting stuck in a Bjorkstrand role, where he plays on the PP but gets inconsistent opportunity the rest of the time. Not that there isn't value in that role - as is Bjorkstrand adds a lot - but if we hope that Bemstrom can develop into something more than that, into a guy who can make plays and thrive in different game situations, then his best place to start next year is probably not in the NHL.
Yeah, I don't mind. Let him stay in Sweden! He plays for my favourite team, we'll take good care of him!

Edit: as you can see on my avatar I know your feeling all too well! My avatar is from when Torts left the Rangers, f*** I need a new one haha...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I don't mind. Let him stay in Sweden! He plays for my favourite team, we'll take good care of him!

Edit: as you can see on my avatar I know your feeling all too well! My avatar is from when Torts left the Rangers, **** I need a new one haha...

That's hilarious.

The next time he gets fired some of us might like to use that avatar, make sure to come back then.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That's hilarious.

The next time he gets fired some of us might like to use that avatar, make sure to come back then.
The only avatar that will be used when he's fired.

samostoyatelno-otkryt-shampanskoe-pravilno-1.jpg

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Its always confusing to see people wish for the firing of the best thing that ever happened to the team.

Whats that a coach takes over a perinial bottom 10 team and has never missed the playoffs, broke the record for wins in 3 years, had the best record in team history, winningest american born coach in nhl history, won the jack adams his first full season here, Stanley cup winner, I can go on but it doesnt matter. f*** success lets rebuild. Guys like Anderson, Jenner, Atkinson, PLD, and fligs THRIVE under coaches like Torts. Why change the style of the team to fit 1 player because the ONLY player I see MAYBE thriving in another system is Bjorkstrand. Our 3RW.

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
Elvis lost game 3 - 4:5. It's 13 goals in 3 games allowed.
Edit: Well it's not horrible like last game, idk what goal i would blame him.

He has a responsibility (heavy imo on third goal). In general we played very poorly defensively (like the whole season). He made no miracles either.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Its always confusing to see people wish for the firing of the best thing that ever happened to the team.

Whats that a coach takes over a perinial bottom 10 team and has never missed the playoffs, broke the record for wins in 3 years, had the best record in team history, winningest american born coach in nhl history, won the jack adams his first full season here, Stanley cup winner, I can go on but it doesnt matter. **** success lets rebuild. Guys like Anderson, Jenner, Atkinson, PLD, and fligs THRIVE under coaches like Torts. Why change the style of the team to fit 1 player because the ONLY player I see MAYBE thriving in another system is Bjorkstrand. Our 3RW.

I think some people here want the Jackets to lose and miss the playoffs.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Elvis season is over, Lugano get swept in 4 games, 5:4 OT in last game.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
L’addio di Merzlikins: “Grazie a tutti per degli anni meravigliosi, forse un giorno tornerò” – HeShootsHeScoores

What will your short-term future be now?
"I know that you, looking at the rumors that have been there, are interested to know if I will go to North America already. I don't know, I'll call my agent on Sunday and we'll see what the situation will be, but I don't think I'll stay long in Lugano. But I repeat, I can't tell you anything because I have no idea what I'm going to do. "

In anticipation of next year, however, it might be good for you to play a few games overseas already ...
"It would be nice to go right now to understand and taste the taste of this world, because we all see that world only on television or PlayStation. We don't really know what it means, so for me it will be a novelty, a beautiful experience that I can't wait to live. Clearly, however, I will never forget where I come from and which is my home.Now I really don't know if I'll go to North America already or if I'll go to the national team, or if I'll go there first and then go to the national team. I really don't know, I'll have to hear my agent on Sunday. "

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
Elvis season is over, Lugano get swept in 4 games, 5:4 OT in last game.

His best game in the series. Plenty of big saves in OT.
Good luck for his adventure with you. I hope he can fulfill his dream of becoming a NHL superstar.

Can someone tell me something about Kukan? Any chance he can make it to NHL? Not great stats in AHL so far....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His best game in the series. Plenty of big saves in OT.
Good luck for his adventure with you. I hope he can fulfill his dream of becoming a NHL superstar.

Can someone tell me something about Kukan? Any chance he can make it to NHL? Not great stats in AHL so far....

He's currently our 7th defenseman, and has played sparingly throughout the year. He's nothing special.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
He's currently our 7th defenseman, and has played sparingly throughout the year. He's nothing special.
Cmon now , the kid is only 25, and played what 35 games in his nhl career . I certainly can see he has potential , great skater , seems to be a pretty good passer . I think we’re a little spoiled around here , how quick our defenseman have developed

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Cmon now , the kid is only 25, and played what 35 games in his nhl career . I certainly can see he has potential , great skater , seems to be a pretty good passer . I think we’re a little spoiled around here , how quick our defenseman have developed
I tend to agree he could develop. I think he actually has more upside than Harry but right now Harry is deservedly ahead of him. Because of our D line up with Gavorik on his way, Kukan’s best chance to make his mark wil likely be elsewhere should that chance arise.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

He might be Scott Harrington at best

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad