Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Darren Dreger just tweeted that Vladislav Gavrikov will sign a 2 year deal in Russia and not be coming over to North America. Will meet next week with the Jacket's per him as well.

Looking like a swing and a miss at getting him to come over unfortunately.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Probably a Olympics deal. It hurts big time though he's been my favorite prospect since the second we picked him. I've been saying he should already be here for over a season. Has a lot of pride for his country though and I understand fully.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It was expected that he will sign at least for the next year, but I don't see anything wrong with a 2 year deal either, as he will be just 23 anyway. There are strong rumors that he might be traded to the SKA St.Petersburg team soon, so he will be able to make some good money there too, as he will need that before signing the ELC. Btw, I have a suspicion that SKA just didn't agree to anything shorter than 2 years.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Meh. Oh well. If he wants to make money in his own country I won't judge that, however he clearly doesn't want to compete against the best the NHL has to offer. If its an Olympic thing, then that's fine, but since its a 2 year deal I am skeptical he will ever come over.

If we can use him for a trade chip, I would, but he probably wouldn't have much value. Might as well hold onto him and see if he ever makes the jump.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Jarmo is 1 for 3 on his "up and coming D man" hype at the end of year pressers. First...swing and a miss on O'Reilly and getting him to sign. He was right about ZW. Now...another swing and miss with VG.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jarmo is 1 for 3 on his "up and coming D man" hype at the end of year pressers. First...swing and a miss on O'Reilly and getting him to sign. He was right about ZW. Now...another swing and miss with VG.

I wouldn't give Jarmo too much flack for this. Reilly wasn't one of his draft picks, and he obviously had his heart set on playing for his hometown team which was his right as a 4 year college player (not exactly Jarmo's fault or doing). Gavrikov's fate is still tbd, atleast for another year or two.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

Yep. I'm a bit discouraged now that we have missed on Reilly and Gavrikov. Although, the writing was on the wall after Reilly's junior season. Gavrikov, I initially had hope for.. But, I kind of gave up my hope close to 2 weeks ago with no reports of him signing a contract after his KHL season. The worrisome thing- 2 year contract for the KHL.

Side note- It would have been cool to have a player named Vladislav Gavrikov on the team

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Yep. I'm a bit discouraged now that we have missed on Reilly and Gavrikov.

But... we haven't?

He's 21 and we're talking about a 2-year deal. The fact that he was drafted in the first place is a credit to the org.

Our defense is jam packed, really can't blame the guy for giving it some time.

Also, **** Reilly. He probably wouldn't be in our top 7 anyway.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Elvis may be the best player in the tournament so far. Only allowed 2 goals in their first 3 games as Latvia is 3-0 so far.

They have had an easy schedule so far. They still have to play Sweden, the US, Russia and Germany. But he's stopped 76 out of 78 shots so far.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

And what did we lose for "missing" ?

Absolutely nothing. Reilly hasn't done squat. We don't even know how Gavrikov would play on NA ice or that he would be able to take a spot.

What I'm more focused on is Jarmos comments about Nuutivara. Does he have the talent to actually be a top 4 defender in the NHL? Is Jarmo sold enough to make a move based on his evaluation of him? What does that mean for JJ and Murray?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo's assurances about future players, those guys he decides to call out in those post season pressers, don't have a great track record.

If there wasn't a risk of him staying in Russia I don't think we would've been able to draft him where we did. I really think you're trying make a big deal out of something that isn't. He's not even a guaranteed lock.in the lineup.

As is he would have to steal Nuutivaras spot. Which I don't see happening if Nuuti is healthy.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

1408.gif

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I think he wants to wait until meeting with Jarmo and see if he will make the big club. Gavrikov will not sign and play in the AHL there is no reason for him to do that. So I think it's either he is doing it for the Olympics and wants to explain it that he will come after or he wants reassurance that he will not play in the A.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I think he wants to wait until meeting with Jarmo and see if he will make the big club. Gavrikov will not sign and play in the AHL there is no reason for him to do that. So I think it's either he is doing it for the Olympics and wants to explain it that he will come after or he wants reassurance that he will not play in the A.

Jarmo's already publicly said he would already step into our top-6, so I dont think that's an actual worry from Gavrikov's perspective. It's most likely the ability to play in the olympics and be able to win a KHL championship (or whatever they call it) with his hometown team.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I know he's said that but he hasn't spoken to him in person and guaranteed it. He might want an in person guarantee. But I agree it is likely the later.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't think anybody should be guaranteed a spot from outside the league, they need to earn it. He may very well come in and step into a top 4 role, which would be awesome. But make him earn it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sure he hasn't signed anything yet, but it sounds like he's already agreed to a deal

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Korpi with the save of the day today. From what I've read , he's looked really good . Sure hope we make a deal with Vegas for them to take Calvert or Wild Bill . He was inconsistent this year , but how many goalies as young as he is , are currently thriving in the NHL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad