Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Yeah, I understand keeping your lines together on the PP to start a tournament to get chemistry, but that wasn't the case. Also, at some point you have to put your best players out there together (did that on the PP in the 3rd). I am actually glad I haven't noticed Carlsson. One, I've been watching the USA guys. Two, that means he hasn't done anything bad.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It's only been 2 games (almost), but Matthews doesn't look like the #1 overall pick. I know I am a little biased, as I have already said I maybe wouldn't draft him if we were picking first, but he just isn't standing out like he should, IMO.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It's only been 2 games (almost), but Matthews doesn't look like the #1 overall pick. I know I am a little biased, as I have already said I maybe wouldn't draft him if we were picking first, but he just isn't standing out like he should, IMO.

You mean like Eichel last year? Wants to be the best player on the ice so gets greedy and forgets that he actually has skilled linemates and can make him look a lot better then he will by playing by himself

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Got beat by a goalie and one mistake on a rush. Good performance by our guys though

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You mean like Eichel last year? Wants to be the best player on the ice so gets greedy and forgets that he actually has skilled linemates and can make him look a lot better then he will by playing by himself

That's what I was thinking. Eichel looked terrible last year in the tourny. I think Matthews will look better as the tourny goes

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If he continues developing by the time he's in his 4th season he'll be dominating Joey. It took Joey two years to do what Eichel has stepped in and done.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why have the draft, then? Isn't the whole point to give a lousy team the one player who can change everything?
Hardly. It's not "the one player". There's useful assets that you can build on that you get that way. But you have to actually BUILD ON THEM to get anywhere. (See: Edmonton)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'd limit Werenski's minutes now. He has played a ton in this tournament so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad