Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I know this doesn't make much sense, but I'm just happy that this organization has the self-discipline to keep him at a level where he can continue to develop his game. How many times did this franchise rush their shiney new toy to Columbus for everybody to see.

Of course I would have wanted him to burst on to the scene in Werenski-like fashion. But that is just so rare. Maybe he becomes a bust and never lives up to the draft position. At least the decision makers are exhibiting some restraint with this young man.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It's a good sign he scored an empty netter a few days ago. The fact he's trusted to be on the ice protecting a lead. It's a major transition for him. He's always been an offense first and skilled, incredibly fast players can dominate so much in junior hockey they never are challenged that much until they reach pro hockey.

He seems to be a smart kid, with his speed there's no reason why he can't become a Kris Draper-type.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jesus the dude is 20/21 and is playing in the ahl. He's not lighting it up but he's got fairly strong numbers. THN's article is bull.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So Big Thurk was named Rockets MVP for the regular season after putting up 33 Gs and 70 Pts in just 60 WHL games. I assume he should be on our top twenty list now but what's this kid's ceiling? What's the scouting report? Anyone see him play this year? All I know is he has good size and was pretty darn productive.

I also know he captained the Swiss World Juniors team and that he was also suspended one game but would like to know more.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
So Big Thurk was named Rockets MVP for the regular season after putting up 33 Gs and 70 Pts in just 60 WHL games. I assume he should be on our top twenty list now but what's this kid's ceiling? What's the scouting report? Anyone see him play this year? All I know is he has good size and was pretty darn productive.

I also know he captained the Swiss World Juniors team and that he was also suspended one game but would like to know more.

I think he's raised his potential to middle-six, but is still likely a bottom-sixer if he makes it.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

I would liken his potential to that of Matt Calvert. Spark plug bottom 6 player.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Also, people hating on Milano as a prospect might wish to re-evaluate their stance. He was fairly young in his draft class seeing as he is still only 20 years old. Players of his type, the highly-talented offensive players who are lacking in size.. they take several years to develop unless they're an absurd talent a la Patrick Kane.

Personally, I'm happy with his progress. Yes, I've lowered my expectations of him, but I see no reason to dismiss him as a legitimate NHL prospect with a future in a scoring line role. I think he makes the team once Hartnell is gone.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't find the Milano article that outlandish. Expected more from him, kid has a chance but I don't know if he will be as good as many on here believe he can.

He's 20. The article calls him failing. He's just starting his development.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
He's 20. The article calls him failing. He's just starting his development.
It says "falling," not "failing." It's mostly attributable to THN having Milano way too high (33rd) at their last ranking. He's always been a project, and while it would have been nice if he'd made a quantum leap this year, the fact he hasn't doesn't mean he'll never make an impact at NHL level. Personally, I think dropping him all the way out of the top 100 is an overcorrection -- he's still only 20, after all! -- but any accurate ranking of prospects right now would have him a long way below 33rd. If you start with him all the way up there, of course he's going to fall a long way.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Falling, failing, whatever. I think it's being way too harsh on a 20 year old who is in year 2 of his pro career. It's not like he has 5 goals and 10 assists this year, he's got pretty strong numbers and an improvement over last season already in one less game. If his defensive game and play away from the puck has improved and he continues to build on the score sheet then his trajectory is fine and on track.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Im extremely excited if my boy comes over from Russia. He deserves a chance here and I think he will be a stud shutdown guy.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jackets prospect Abramov and former prospect LeBlanc facing off against each other in round 1.

2nd period, they each received double minors for roughing each other.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Jackets prospect Abramov and former prospect LeBlanc facing off against each other in round 1.

2nd period, they each received double minors for roughing each other.
Game 2 is happening right now, and it's a crazy one by the looks of it; 6-6 after two. Abramov has two assists.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah first game ends 1-0 and second game has twelve goals in 40 minutes. Dr Hekyl and Mr Jive!

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
And after all that, Gatineau loses 7-6 in OT. They are down 2-0 in the series, but it is now headed to Gatineau.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He led the Irish with 5 block shots last night.....will fit right in Torts system

?

Pretty sure Columbus is middle of the road in blocked shots and the top shot blocker (David Savard) isnt even top 50 in that category. This isnt Torts Rangers with Staal, Girardi and gang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad