CBJ Prospect Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I am looking at that roster on paper. I'm really conflicted with what I see. It will be very interesting to see how they do. We are sending a very interesting mix of players.

bizzz*

I'm already disappointed... Why Chaput is injured? What's wrong with him?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm already disappointed... Why Chaput is injured? What's wrong with him?

had abdominal surgery after the Memorial Cup

and the above Dansk thing, you all should have seen twitter earlier, I think we went thru every "dance" song or show title

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
This is a link for Union Blue blog to The Coach's notes on each development camper:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2012/07/08/development-camp-notes/

Since I couldn't attend, I found this to be quite useful, especially when combined with some of the post from folks here who also attended.

first one:

13 – Cam Atkinson:

Shot release looks quicker

scannershead.gif

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
This is a link for Union Blue blog to The Coach's notes on each development camper:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2012/07/08/development-camp-notes/

Since I couldn't attend, I found this to be quite useful, especially when combined with some of the post from folks here who also attended.

Hockey Propectus ranks the organizational prospects, post-draft, and the Jackets are much better than #30:

http://www.puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1347

Great finds pete, thanks for sharing!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Great finds pete, thanks for sharing!

Quite welcome, SL. I probably have more time than most to wander the web, so I try to link up stuff relating to hockey or the CBJ that I find interesting, whether I completely agree with them or not. I'm sure some of you have better ways to locate such material (isn't that what RRS is?) and many of you follow tweets that are more immediate news sources, but I'm old-fashioned.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Quite welcome, SL. I probably have more time than most to wander the web, so I try to link up stuff relating to hockey or the CBJ that I find interesting, whether I completely agree with them or not. I'm sure some of you have better ways to locate such material (isn't that what RRS is?) and many of you follow tweets that are more immediate news sources, but I'm old-fashioned.

Nah - I don't follow Twitter or anything like that. I'm fairly old-school myself, in that I rely mostly on my own viewings on players, and if I want info on prospects that I don't see often, I hit up one of my friends that live in those areas for input.

I follow hockey prospects so closely that it's nearly impossible to find a young player that I'm not fairly familiar with, though. It is (outside of family and work) by far the biggest consumer of time in my life.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Nah - I don't follow Twitter or anything like that. I'm fairly old-school myself, in that I rely mostly on my own viewings on players, and if I want info on prospects that I don't see often, I hit up one of my friends that live in those areas for input.

I follow hockey prospects so closely that it's nearly impossible to find a young player that I'm not fairly familiar with, though. It is (outside of family and work) by far the biggest consumer of time in my life.

I, and I'm sure many others, find your insights on prospects most welcome.

Hipster Letestu

Aug 2, 2009
Westerville
first one:

13 – Cam Atkinson:

Shot release looks quicker

That's actually something he needed to work on. Towards the end of the season he ended up in front of the net with a few prime scoring chances that he failed to capitalize on. He has a nice shot, but he was taking too long to get it off and it allowed the goaltender to get into position and make the save. If he can start snapping off that wristshot quicker I could see him easily pot 25-30 goals.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I, and I'm sure many others, find your insights on prospects most welcome.

Always love the feedback (good or bad) ... it's great to know that people pay attention to my rantings!

I doubt Ryan Murray gets sent back to Everett (especially with Methot now gone), but if he does, you can guarantee that I'll be scouting every Spokane/Everett game like a hawk. Other than that, the only other prospect the Jackets will have in the WHL is Joonas Korpisalo, and we only see Prince George twice at home (and there's no way I'm making a 16 hour drive up there to watch on the road!).

Should be fun providing updates on the 2013 guys though... there are some real exciting players eligible for that draft.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
That's good news, isn't it? I read a recent evaluation (Jeff Little, perhaps) that listed him as a bit of a surprise in devo camp. He's not on a CBJ contract, but this does place him nearby where his progress can be shaped and monitored by the staff. Is there a downside?

No, but I doubt there were many options for the kid anyways. CBJ only held his rights for another month.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
That's good news, isn't it? I read a recent evaluation (Jeff Little, perhaps) that listed him as a bit of a surprise in devo camp. He's not on a CBJ contract, but this does place him nearby where his progress can be shaped and monitored by the staff. Is there a downside?

Most accounts that I've heard were of the exact opposite; that he looked out of place at times and tried to play a top-6 game with little or no top-6 skill. At least by his signing in Springfield, the Jackets aren't on the hook for counting that contract (they can only have up to 50 players signed at a time) ... maybe he will develop into a solid piece for Springfield, but I don't see him ever cracking the lineup in Columbus.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, could be worse than #17, I guess.

In other news, is that guy's name really "Corey Pronman"?!? That's like the fakest name I've ever heard :biglaugh:

Yeah, that's his real name, he used to have his own site called 'Premium Scouting', now he just writes for puckprospectus.com, he writes alot of good articles and has a vast knowledge of prospects.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Hey, I was looking at drafting a few D prospects from you guys in a keeper league and have some questions..

With Methot traded, will Savard get more time this year?

And how far out is goloubef

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey, I was looking at drafting a few D prospects from you guys in a keeper league and have some questions..

With Methot traded, will Savard get more time this year?

And how far out is goloubef
Right now, there's an open spot for one of three kids on the blueline. Those are Moore, Savard, and Murray. They'll be fighting it out in camp. Consequently we have no way of knowing.

Moore would seem to be the favorite, but that's going by last year's ice time, and that's a flawed metric because last year Murray wasn't CBJ property... or, for that matter, eligible for a pro contract. So we'll see.

As for Cody... he's slipped a little down the depth charts. At the rate things are going, he may end up an NHLer for someone else in a few years... or he could be an AHL star. Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad