CBJ Offseason '16 (All FA/trade/roster discussion/blog rumor/proposals/etc here)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Cool. Your newly revised theory still takes no account of 2013-2014.

Bob had a 2.38 GAA and 92.3% save percentage. Both well above his career averages. Also he had 5 SO's that year, he has 12 total in the NHL. So it was kind of a good year.

So great goalie play, I was mistaken about the Vezina that year but he was among the best.

Last year he was among the worst.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bob had a 2.38 GAA and 92.3% save percentage. Both well above his career averages. Also he had 5 SO's that year, he has 12 total in the NHL. So it was kind of a good year.

So great goalie play, I was mistaken about the Vezina that year but he was among the best.

Last year he was among the worst.
Perhaps you missed my "he wasn't even a Vezina finalist" statement. The finalists were Ben Bishop, Tukka Rask, and Semyon Varlamov. Bobrovsky was #9 in voting that year, behind Steve Mason and tied with Kari Lehtonen.

In either case, you're still clinging to a "we only win if the goaltender stands on his head" theory, despite a lack of evidence for and plenty of evidence against.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Perhaps you missed my "he wasn't even a Vezina finalist" statement. The finalists were Ben Bishop, Tukka Rask, and Semyon Varlamov. Bobrovsky was #9 in voting that year, behind Steve Mason and tied with Kari Lehtonen.

In either case, you're still clinging to a "we only win if the goaltender stands on his head" theory, despite a lack of evidence for and plenty of evidence against.

Bob finished 9th because (surprise) he missed 30 (edit played 58, so missed 24) games because of injury. He did stand on his head that year.
And we got shockingly good (for him) from McH as a replacement.

Yes I stand by it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fan here. Is Ryan Murray even remotely available? If so what would it take to get Murray+Hartnell with no retention. Of course Colorado would have to find a way to get creative with cap space first, but I'm just curious if it's something that could happen if they were willing to take the hit on Hartnell.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Of course Colorado would have to find a way to get creative with cap space first, but I'm just curious if it's something that could happen if they were willing to take the hit on Hartnell.

The hit of an undervalued player? "Boys, there is a game going out there".

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Bob finished 9th because (surprise) he missed 30 (edit played 58, so missed 24) games because of injury. He did stand on his head that year.
And we got shockingly good (for him) from McH as a replacement.

Yes I stand by it.

A goalie's stats (and his trophies) aren't impacted by the play of the team in front of him, so you must be right.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Avs fan here. Is Ryan Murray even remotely available? If so what would it take to get Murray+Hartnell with no retention. Of course Colorado would have to find a way to get creative with cap space first, but I'm just curious if it's something that could happen if they were willing to take the hit on Hartnell.

Murray isn't available and Hartnell isn't a cap dump.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Murray is most certainly not available. And in the case of your proposal, it would take Duchene and a + coming back (which I don't foresee going over well).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Lol dude did nothing last season...but ok.

I think its more about giving Stoll a chance to influence the younger centers for a week or two. Hockey wise he has tremendous experience. (I'm assuming the coke issue isn't ongoing).

If he "gets real" and pushes Campbell and Gagner for jobs, all the better, and if not (90%+ chance) it's costless.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I guess Jared Boll left such an indelible mark on the franchise that we had to invite a player whose name rhymes with his.

Buy out Boll? We couldn't get rid of him that easily. :sarcasm:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I apologize for thinking Hartnell was a cap dump. Thanks for the responses folks! I didn't mean to sell your players short. Was legitimately curious if their value.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
They will likely get team discount if the whole gang orders their blow from the same vendor. Lahden Pelicans did the same recently with their supplier of cod liver oil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad