OT: CBJ Lounge XX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So I had a buddy post on FB today looking for adult pickup street hockey in the Powell/Delaware area. Thought it sounded like a good idea (that's my neck of the woods, too). So far we haven't found anything formal, so he's considering just calling a time and place. His quote: "Two file crates, four sticks, sidewalk chalk, and BOOM you have a game." Maybe we can get more players, but whatever. So I told him I'd put feelers out here as well. Anyone potentially have interest?

If you aren't expecting skill, sure. Maybe that could be my gateway into real hockey.

CBJwheel

Mar 4, 2007
Findlay
Wondering if anyone has advice about teaching the rules of hockey to people who want to learn. I have a couple of friends here that are interested in learning about hockey. And I figure now is a good time because of the playoffs. :D

They're soccer fans, so hopefully it won't be too difficult for them to follow.

edit: I should probably note; we aren't playing, just watching streams.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Wondering if anyone has advice about teaching the rules of hockey to people who want to learn. I have a couple of friends here that are interested in learning about hockey. And I figure now is a good time because of the playoffs. :D

Dunno if you have access, but I've found hockey video games are great for that. Explain icing, then ice the puck, let them see what happens. Explain offsides, then go offsides, etc.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

CBJwheel

Mar 4, 2007
Findlay
Dunno if you have access, but I've found hockey video games are great for that. Explain icing, then ice the puck, let them see what happens. Explain offsides, then go offsides, etc.
Good idea. We've been watching a few games lately, and one of my friends asked if there were hockey video games. I asked my dad to ship one of my NHL games from the states. Kind of excited to get to play it myself. :D

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

Younger kids would probably enjoy watching Peter Puck, but some of the rules have changed since then (notably the two-line pass):

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
To no one's surprise the Acura NSX will be built right next to the Accord and TL plant in Marysville.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just finished the last homework assignment I will ever have in High School. So crazy at how fast time flies. Although I am scared, I am excited to move forward to tOSU next fall.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Just finished the last homework assignment I will ever have in High School. So crazy at how fast time flies. Although I am scared, I am excited to move forward to tOSU next fall.

TOSU*

...fixed, for emphasis on the THE.

Congrats on finishing high school, and best of luck at THE University!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

As an alum, I would encourage you to drop the t. Implore you, even. And never think about "but for Ohio State".

Anyway, congratulations! What are you thinking of studying?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As an alum, I would encourage you to drop the t. Implore you, even. And never think about "but for Ohio State".

Anyway, congratulations! What are you thinking of studying?

I have no idea. I know I love sports, and I would love to get into any type of major league sport. It's my dream, so sports management seems to be up my ally but I haven't 100% decided.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I have no idea. I know I love sports, and I would love to get into any type of major league sport. It's my dream, so sports management seems to be up my ally but I haven't 100% decided.

Congrats on your impending graduation - my second-oldest daughter just got her diploma last night. She will be attending BGSU working towards a degree in Communications hoping to get a job in Public Relations. That might be a good fit for you as PR is one of the fastest growth fields out there and lots of businesses, including professional teams, are looking for people who can use the social media tools that are available to their advantage.

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
I have 4 tickets to the Indy 500 tomorrow for sale. Willing to let them go for less than face value. 2 of the tickets are general admission and 2 are in the stands. I would split them up if need be.

Hit me up at [email protected] or preferably 614 206 3086. Thanks

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
So, I def enjoyed the weather a lot more this Memorial Day weekend compared to last year. I'll take mid 60's compared to mid 90's like last year. :laugh:

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
For those who care, and I guess I care, although :shakehead probably isn't the good kind of caring...

Scott Torgerson has joined the QFM 96 morning show. Apparently last Monday was the first show. I knew Arch was doing work on the new 95.5 sports station, but I guess he is also off the morning show with Jerry Elliott.

https://www.facebook.com/TorgAndElliottShow

http://www.qfm96.com/pages/15168943.php?contentType=31&contentId=10717&pid=319365

Seems weird that they wouldn't put Torg on the sports channel considering his part in the massive ratings success of his previous sports show.

I never heard the Archie and Elliott show. Hell, I didn't even know Wags & Elliott was no longer a thing. But from what I've heard, Arch seems to a pretty good alternative to what 97.1 plays at the same time on their station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad