GDT: CBJ @ LA | 10:30 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He skated the length of the ice around Werenski like he owned him, kicked the puck off his own skate and then put it over the goalie.

It's pretty similar. The only real difference was 1/2 effort from Boqvist on chasing the play down.
Rick Nash put the puck between two different defenseman’s legs and the goalie on a walk off goal lol. The Byfield goal was sick, and a GOtT candidate, but it ain’t over the Nash goal imo

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Rick Nash put the puck between two different defenseman’s legs and the goalie on a walk off goal lol. The Byfield goal was sick, and a GOtT candidate, but it ain’t over the Nash goal imo
Skill wise it is just as impressive based on the moves but if the pitiful defensive effort of the CBJ penalizes him, so be it. He hit all the compulsories and stuck the landing.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Atrocious goal against by Elvis. Dreadful

Although the Russians got schooled on that shift too. Make a save

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Doughty had almost no impact on that goal going in. Reviews are insane

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Another special teams loss. Both units just terrible

And Elvis with another absolutely brutal goal against

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
That sequence just defines what the franchise has put us through for years. Bad enough to take a penalty down 3-1, but one of our "most promising players" (ha) gets a shorthanded breakaway, and completely misses the net. Now it's 4-1.

This season has long since been over, and the results don't matter, but the audible "F**K" I shouted out at 1:00 in the morning as that goal was scored was the loudest noise I've made during a Jackets game this season, because it just perfectly symbolizes everything.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I hope that last shot did go off Sillinger because if not that is 3 detestable goals on Elvis tonight

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think this would be one of those postgames where Torts would say "burn the tape" and huff out of the room.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
  • Also, my cat has a better shot than Roslovic. A third line winger with an experienced center like Jenner.
  • Marchenko has 16 goals and 28 points in 51 games. Chinakhov has 14 goals and 26 points in 42 games. Except for some games when Peeke was playing, there are d-men who have a great first pass, not ones who find the puck to be their big enemy, as was in the last season. I don't like this. I hope they return their shape. Because Gaudreau and Johnson aren't snipers, I doubt Boone will score the whole season.
  • Defense as defense but Merzlikins... . Short of that, this was not his game.
  • The 4th line was the best.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Byfield goal:

We had 2 men back. Boqvist just watched the play. Still a beautiful move by a guy who has taken a few years to find his game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Byfield goal:

We had 2 men back. Boqvist just watched the play. Still a beautiful move by a guy who has taken a few years to find his game.

Werenski I thought could have held ground in the middle rather than making the stab at playing the puck, but maybe he thought to try and push Byfield wide since he knew he had help. Sadly, AB barely acknowledged the play. Bad play by both players. That said, a hell of a play by Byfield and a beauty of a finish.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad