Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Mike Babcock as head coach (UPDATE: Under NHLPA Investigation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
On channel 91 Sirius - the powerplay with Steve K - I don’t remember if it was speculation or rumor but it was Roy to the CBJ and Lavi to the Rangers. That was this morning.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LJ7

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Well... Gudbranson will be a big moving pick and not be called for it now. Im scared for the young offensive talent but we will be a lot more structured.

He just needs to make Johnson/Carlsson his new Datsyuk/Zetterburg. Easy peasy

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If this is true we don’t want start paying him and Babcock doesn’t want to give up a month’s worth of pay.
I’m unsure how coach contracts work, but if a new contract completely replaces the previous contract upon signing, then this makes sense. He was getting $8M a year with the Leafs, and he obviously won’t be getting that in a new deal, so might as well keep that inflated salary for one last month.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I’m unsure how coach contracts work, but if a new contract completely replaces the previous contract upon signing, then this makes sense. He was getting $8M a year with the Leafs, and he obviously won’t be getting that in a new deal, so might as well keep that inflated salary for one last month.
*6.25M

Reactions: duxfan1101

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I will say, this is a bit in the Hitch/Torts realm that has worked out well… but Babcock has had additional issues. I was hoping to maybe go down that Hitch/Torts road with Laviolette. Babcock is a concern.

But with that being said, you have to trust that CBJ is well aware and did extreme due diligence on Babcock’s past and grilled him on it, and he has done self-reflection as well and changed and reflected that in the interview process.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Feels like Torts again with similar reactions :laugh: Lets see if Babcock can live up to the reputation hes somehow created. Hopefully Vincent sticks around to have a blend of old and new thinking

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
I’m a bit surprised. I thought if it was Babs it would have been named a week ago. I don’t hate the hire if we get the Detroit Babs and not the Toronto version.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Do what you feel is best, but I’ll bet pretty heavy we’ll be seeing you around
I can’t afford the penalty to cancel my season tickets early so I guess I’m stuck with that, but I am very serious that this kills my admiration of the team. I have invested my entire adult life in being a fan of this sorry franchise, and I’m tired of watching it shoot itself in the dick over and over. Hiring Babcock is just so typical Jackets. We deserve every bit of mockery we get around the league if this of all choices is the one Jarmo makes.

If it makes you feel better, I’m going to the Ducks, so at least I’ll still be suffering.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I will say, this is a bit in the Hitch/Torts realm that has worked out well… but Babcock has had additional issues. I was hoping to maybe go down that Hitch/Torts road with Laviolette. Babcock is a concern.

But with that being said, you have to trust that CBJ is well aware and did extreme due diligence on Babcock’s past and grilled him on it, and he has done self-reflection as well and changed and reflected that in the interview process.
If this is true, I intend to try, as JD/JK have pulled this off before... but I don't think he's earned it and I think this would be a bad hire. The trust is in JD/JK, not Babcock.

* * *​
I’m a bit surprised. I thought if it was Babs it would have been named a week ago. I don’t hate the hire if we get the Detroit Babs and not the Toronto version.
Detroit Babs was just as bad if not worse.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I can’t afford the penalty to cancel my season tickets early so I guess I’m stuck with that, but I am very serious that this kills my admiration of the team. I have invested my entire adult life in being a fan of this sorry franchise, and I’m tired of watching it shoot itself in the dick over and over. Hiring Babcock is just so typical Jackets. We deserve every bit of mockery we get around the league if this of all choices is the one Jarmo makes.

If it makes you feel better, I’m going to the Ducks, so at least I’ll still be suffering.
I’m never happy or feel better when good posters leave. I hope you stick around

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Aye Carumba. This has the makings of a disaster if he's going to play mind games with the kids. I fear that they may all beg out like PLD did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille