Confirmed with Link: CBJ Fire Scott Howson, name Jarmo Kekalainen replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Boomer for new CBJ GM. First order of business: Instates current 3rd jerseys as primary home jerseys, creates new NEON GREEN 3rd's.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

My Finnish friends tell me Kekalainen is on 3rd year of a 5 year deal to manage Jokerit, but has an NHL out clause. Jokerit leads FIN league

Bob seems to think its going to be him

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
More I think about this, the more I think it has to either be Patrick or someone out of hockey right now. I mean teams aren't going to release asst gm's from contracts mid-season will they?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
You can count on my recommendation. But Stretch can't because he/she can't even keep a secret. I wanted everyone to be surprised. :sarcasm:

I'll have you and Blah as my two assistants; you can run things like the Roman Republic with their old two-consul system. A stalemate on decisions results in a gladiator fight for my amusement, using Boomer-shaped jousts.

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Three things are surprising to me about this and none of them relate to the actual firing of Howson.

1. The timing- I thought they'd give it at least the shortened season. Especially considering JD is already in charge and likely has the final say over all personnel decisions.
2. The reaction from some fans- hard to believe anyone either A. wanted to keep Howson or B. Are surprised by the move. The writing was on the wall a long time ago that Howson's days were numbered.
3. That this thread is four pages long only 30 min after the announcement. That shows there is still some life left in the fan base.

No one should be surprised or disappointed. The guy has had 6 years to build a winner and look where the Jackets currently are in the standings. Why keep him around just because it is a short season? Make the change that is needed and start working toward a better future for this team right now!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

My Finnish friends tell me Kekalainen is on 3rd year of a 5 year deal to manage Jokerit, but has an NHL out clause. Jokerit leads FIN league

Bob seems to think its going to be him

I know nothing about this dude. But I like the hype surrounding him so far.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I already dislike what JD is doing.

very insightful.

Know nothing about the names mentioned, but happy to see the plan moving forward. Would really like someone other than Patrick, if for no other reason than to have a new voice in addition to Davidson and Patrick.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Jarmo Kekalainen may be amongst those who are on the short list for CBJ's GM job. Worked with CBJ prez John Davidson in STL.

Yes yes yes yes please. Jarmo is awesome

I think Bob might have got this one right. We shall see.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Three names keep popping up: Dave Taylor, Ron Hextall and Jarmo Kekalainen.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Taylor said earlier that he's not the guy. Hextall is AGM with #LAKings. Kekalainen is GM of Jokerit in Finland.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll have you and Blah as my two assistants; you can run things like the Roman Republic with their old two-consul system. A stalemate on decisions results in a gladiator fight for my amusement, using Boomer-shaped jousts.

What, I don't get an appointment? :)

MUbrotherhood

Feb 28, 2012
Mentor, OH
Just out of curiosity if it is him, do we have any idea how to actually pronounce "Jarmo Kekalainen" or are we all just kinda making up our own thing in our heads right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad