GDT: CBJ at NJ Devils: AI Generated GDT - Wed Dec 27 7pm

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Any agent saying those things publicly has to be taken serious to some degree, its up to the team how they respond to it. Maybe my timeline is mixed up but I believe the Russian line was formed shortly after and their minutes increased, we've all benefitted from it. It would have been real sad to watch some of these games without that line doing what its done.
Babayev said it in 11/28/2023 and Sillinger injured in 11/29/2023 (against Montreal). Thanks his injury excellent playing the Voronkov - Sillinger - Marchenko line has broken up. So as you can see it was pure coincidence, Babayev had nothing to do with it.

Really helps the future outlook knowing we have a line of skilled responsible guys that play well together along with some combo of Gaudreau-Fantilli-Johnson-Laine-Jenner to form 2 other good lines on paper.
How? Put Jenner to Johnson and Laine although they had very good chemistry with Sillinger? And what with Danforth who has played very good with Fantilli and Gaudreau?
Btw I would like to trade Roslovic, Kuraly and Bemstrom but I doubt they will be what means the team will have too much forwards minimum because of salary. So we can't forgot on them.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
In terms of the foundation for 3 effective line, you definitely need to include Dancorth who is on a pace for 20 goals.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So either Vincent can't coach or he doesn't have the players to win. Either way that's on the guy that hired him or the guy who assembled this roster. It's the same guy.

They have one of the youngest teams in the league. The players that the team will be build around are too young today to carry them.

But they aren’t as bad as Vincent is making then out to be, these 3rd period collapses are on him

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
They have one of the youngest teams in the league. The players that the team will be build around are too young today to carry them.

But they aren’t as bad as Vincent is making then out to be, these 3rd period collapses are on him
Every game it’s the same thing ... go away from what put them in the position to be leading in the first place , and go away from the young players , in lieu of veterans that aren’t as good . No Fantilli in overtime … Jiricek minutes cut after Werenski was hurt .. Jiricek was playing well .. Pascal isn’t an upgrade over Larsen .. all these young candidates out there , Jarmo hires Babs , and fired him at the first sideshow you knew would come with Babs , and we are stuck with Vincent .Jarmo should be canned on the spot … bring in a new GM to handle the deadline , because there are multiple high priced players they should be putting out there .

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Hopefully in 2 years every single front office and guy behind the bench is gone. Id say sooner but really I dont think theyll spend the money to turn things around and we will have to endure 2 more years of garbage coaching and the same lack of roster construction
You wait two years and there won't be a young guy signing here especially if its based on fear of spending and disregarding improvement. I wouldn't get my brains beat in and waste my career here if someone else is interested...And our youth WILL garner alot of interest when the time comes.

This ownership needs to show that they're serious about a quality (on ice) organization and not just the dollar. One will bring the other.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
As a fan of the CBJ, you can't be offended by this stuff.

It's not the first time and it won't be the last. It's not even the first time in the last week.
Not offended, just disappointed. Another team that needed a last minute goal to tie then an OT goal to beat one of the worst teams in the league, the chest thumping is puzzling. You beat your ten year old brother at Mario Kart with the blue shell, good job.

• Haha
Reactions: ViD and MAHJ71

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Not offended, just disappointed. Another team that needed a last minute goal to tie then an OT goal to beat one of the worst teams in the league, the chest thumping is puzzling. You beat your ten year old brother at Mario Kart with the blue shell, good job.
Devils fans are like that, and the admins are just giving them what they want. The absolute lack of humility when they were literally the fifth worst team just two seasons ago and lucked out in the lottery for the third time in four years is a bit much. They haven't been good in a decade and now behave as if they're the Bruins.

Reactions: ViD and Jovavic

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
A win is a win no matter how it happens. I’ve seen the CBJ post similar things in the past.

Devils fans are like that, and the admins are just giving them what they want. The absolute lack of humility when they were literally the fifth worst team just two seasons ago and lucked out in the lottery for the third time in four years is a bit much. They haven't been good in a decade and now behave as if they're the Bruins.
You can act like they aren’t a more talented team but they are. I try to be neutral because I like both teams but the devils have built the right way while the CBJ management continues to pretend they can compete now when they clearly can’t.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You can act like they aren’t a more talented team but they are.

A bit hard to say before our prospects ripen.

For reference, Adam Fantilli has as many points now as Jack Hughes had in his entire rookie season.

I try to be neutral because I like both teams but the devils have built the right way while the CBJ management continues to pretend they can compete now when they clearly can’t.

The Devils also went through a phase where they declared themselves done with accumulating picks and tried to be good and made big moves, and they were still bad. Like they drafted Simon Nemec the year after they signed Dougie Hamilton.

We're acutely aware of that phase that our team is in but we've written it out of the history of other rebuilding clubs.

It's not like they all go from top picks to becoming top teams. That's the real rarity when teams do that.

Reactions: ViD and Marioesque

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
A win is a win no matter how it happens. I’ve seen the CBJ post similar things in the past.

You can act like they aren’t a more talented team but they are. I try to be neutral because I like both teams but the devils have built the right way while the CBJ management continues to pretend they can compete now when they clearly can’t.
I don’t act anything of the sort. I am aware the Jackets are bad. They’re worse than I expected (I figured 80pts, maybe 85 if luck was good), but I didn’t expect good. But the general arrogance from Devils fans last year especially was ridiculous.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don’t understand the “Devils arrogance” when it was the CBJ that pissed away a lead by just watching Luke Hughes skate circles around them.

Adam Fantilli aside, maybe the other previous prospect are putting it together. Time will tell but maybe you guys are tire of taking shit from other teams since the CBJ never seem to give it to anyone.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Who cares?
Generally, organisations involved in professional sports do, since they want to show that they value sportsmanship and professionalism over a few minutes of extra attention on the internet. Seeing as the post has generated an unproportional amount of conversation about it here, I suppose it has served its purpose, uninteresting though it may be.

Regarding the game, all I really care to say at present is that I hope that Werenski's injury will bring something positive, such as giving Jiříček an opportunity to shine and/or develop further.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022

I agree that Vincent does need to get on top of the third period woes sooner rather than later. That's his job. But I would like to nuance it slightly. Looking at the greater picture, those frequent collapses are, as you allude to, symptoms of the Blue Jackets lacking a so called winning culture. It has been repeated often, but the Blue Jackets really do need to help Vincent with instilling such a culture by recruiting some complementary veteran players specifically for this purpose. The current veterans don't pull their weight in that regard. It should be a priority moving forward. Vincent can't do it all on his own.

Reactions: majormajor

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Looking at the greater picture, those frequent collapses are, as you allude to, symptoms of the Blue Jackets lacking a so called winning culture.

The Detroit Pistons blew a 19 point lead last night for their 28th straight loss. Some media personality talking about it this morning said that good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. The CBJ keep finding ways to lose.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The Detroit Pistons blew a 19 point lead last night for their 28th straight loss. Some media personality talking about it this morning said that good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. The CBJ keep finding ways to lose.
As I've been saying for several years. "Snagging defeat from the jaws of victory."

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The Devils also went through a phase where they declared themselves done with accumulating picks and tried to be good and made big moves, and they were still bad. Like they drafted Simon Nemec the year after they signed Dougie Hamilton.

We're acutely aware of that phase that our team is in but we've written it out of the history of other rebuilding clubs.

) Johnny Gaudreaunee and than draft Fantilli.
I believe jackets will not draft high after signs and trades of Provorov and Severson.

A bit hard to say before our prospects ripen.

For reference, Adam Fantilli has as many points now as Jack Hughes had in his entire rookie season.

Its not that hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad