Proposal: CBH - VCN Seabrooke + 8OA for Tanev

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Take out tanev and van still says no
That seabrook cap hit and term is gross

Replace tanev with gagner and bhawks retains some salary and canucks might do it

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The fact that people are suggesting that a potential future compliance buyout makes Seabrook's value not as negative as it actually is tells me this is a clear loss for Vancouver.

I can totally get behind Chicago fans not wanting to trade their 8th overall pick. It's their first bad season in a while and they want to get something out of it. That being said I'm not sure how many teams in the league would take Seabrook and the 8th pick for free. His value is that bad. If Chicago is not willing to attach something very good to get rid of him then they'll have to keep him and hope this compliance buyout actually happens so they can use their on him. Because that's not a reasonable way to sell someone on a trade. Nobody would take Seabrook for less on the risk that they'll get the compliance buyout.

Reactions: Sayonara77

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't even understand how you get VCN from Vancouver... the N is before the C... if anything VNC would make more sense...

I don’t know why I thought it was Vegas. I’ll blame his use of the Renaissance Faire ‘fair’ instead of the equivalent value ‘fair’

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
Please understand property syllabics.

Chicago Black Hawks
Vancouver Ca Nucks
Toronto Maple Leafs
ectetera.

wait what? Why are you spacing out Canucks?

That makes your argument invalid. As Toronto would be TMPL

Toronto Ma Ple Leafs

and

Montreal would be MCNDN!!

and I guess Dallas would just be DS! <trademarked by Nintento!>

Reactions: HockeyAnalystGenius

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I think we should start abbreviating team names by inserting every single letter into the abbreviations. Chicago Blackhawks would be abbreviated to Chicago Blackhawks. Using single things like CHI is apparently far too confusing :sarcasm:
Holy crap, how have I never seen this before?

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Seabrook May be the worst contract in the league. CHI would be better off living with it than parting with assets to get rid of it as well.

Horrible idea for Van too. Tanev for 8 is okay imo, but taking that contract is extremely immobilizing for any team. Cap space and draft picks are league currency. This return is simply not enough for VAN with the long term in perspective. Better to send Tanev for a good prospect and a 2nd.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
you can ignore his injuries as much your like-but if you take off your homer glasses you will see the problem

and he in not an elite shot suppressing top pairing D-man

if he is then Russel of the oilers is as well
5on5 CA60RelTM suppression numbers
SeasonTanevRussell
2017-2018-2.684.50
2016-2017-5.733.44
2015-2016-5.346.16
2014-2015-7.136.92
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tanev is injury prone, but he's an elite defensive player, don't be so so uneducated and homerist here. In fact in 2014-2015, Tanev was 7th among 129 Dman to play at least 1,000 minutes 5on5 in chance suppression relativism. Russell was 122nd. His advanced stats also match his eye test that's unanimous by everyone.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The fact that both Vancouver and Chicago fans say they won't do it tell me it is probably a fair trade. I would be unhappy about this as a Hawks fan. Seabrook will be bought out at the next compliance buyout so 2 more years of his bloated contract.
Assuming there are compliance buyouts, the two recent cba deals had them because the NHL reduced salary and this gave teams a chance to comply with the new cap. There is no guarantee the NHL will see a reduced cap this time, no reduced cap then no need for compliance buyouts.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't do it if I were in the Chicago organisation. Seabrook has has a down year but so have the rest of the Hawks. Seabrook is better defesivly than Tanav anyway. He plays more games scoresmore and is durable playing at least 80 games usually more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad