Proposal: CBH - VCN Seabrooke + 8OA for Tanev

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not a chance. We already got Erikssons contract not taking on another anchor like Seabrook

Big NO unless Chicago retanes on half that contract

Reactions: canuckslover10

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
CBH? That's new...And no, the Chicago Blackhawks decline this trade proposal. There is nothing VAN can offer for pick #8 that makes sense.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This is awful for Van

With compliance buyouts very likely coming before the 20/21 season, bad contracts aren't as bad as they seem(as long as a team is willing to buy them out). I can see alot of teams pushing for the compliance buyouts

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
in the last 5 years Tanev has missed

40 games
29 games
13 games
12 games
18 games

these basic stats hurt Tanev's value

that is around 100 games in 5 years

seabrook over the same time has missed 5 games
goals?
40 goals and 147 assists for 187 pts

how many pts has Tanev gotten?

16 goals 60 assists for 76 pts

Seabrook is averaging about 20 minutes a night same as Tanev

the no value thing comes from his contract--and not just about his play

and so the hawks are giving up 8oa for to dump a player with better complete stats that you do not have to elongate over an 82 game period because unlike Tanev--Seabrook plays a full season

I can see either the Canes or Arizona taking Seabrook and it wont cost the 8oa--which is the most valuable piece in the trade

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
an injury prone elite shot suppressing top pairing dman is value. leave your biases out of it

you can ignore his injuries as much your like-but if you take off your homer glasses you will see the problem

and he in not an elite shot suppressing top pairing D-man

if he is then Russel of the oilers is as well

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
you can ignore his injuries as much your like-but if you take off your homer glasses you will see the problem

and he in not an elite shot suppressing top pairing D-man

if he is then Russel of the oilers is as well
i'm not ignoring his injuries at all. i said he was "an injury prone elite shot suppressing top pairing dman", not just "an elite shot suppressing top pairing dman". you were ignoring the characteristics of him that make his value quite high.

and really? homer glasses? me? buddy i'm not even a canucks fan. how can you say he is not an elite shot suppressing top pairing dman when the advanced stats say he is? russell of the oilers get caved in possession like all the time. he is an overpaid bottom pairing dman who makes almost as much as tanev. quite ridiculous for you to say that.

Reactions: Index and Henr1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->