Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau/Otto Leskinen to Laval (April 14th)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Why can't he play then ? He was healthy enough to play the game but not healthy enough to play the next ? :laugh:

No, what likely happened is that Carey said f*** it Im playing its not that bad, and this morning they did tests and Graham told Dom he cannot play.
Maybe because that kind of injury is tricky. Maybe the groin injury. Price feels he's ok but wait, no, he doesn't feel he can play. Price have a superstar status in the team. After so many years you follow the Habs you didn't see what's seem to be happening behind closed doors? Price have more power than the coach and the GM. Habs team acts like politburo of ancient soviet union if we talk about transparency, especially with Price.

Just wait and act like soviet union folks when they read the official informations. Yeah, yeah-yeah! :nod:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe because that kind of injury is tricky. Maybe the groin injury. Price feels he's ok but wait, no, he doesn't feel he can play. Price have a superstar status in the team. After so many years you follow the Habs you didn't see what's seem to be happening behind closed doors? Price have more power than the coach and the GM. Habs team acts like politburo of ancient soviet union if we talk about transparency, especially with Price.

Just wait and act like soviet union folks when they read the official informations. Yeah, yeah-yeah! :nod:
Yes, thats exactly what Im saying. Ducharme aurait du mettre ses culottes.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think he can't. What power does he have? Interim coach. He can't make a Mario Tremblay move.
Habs are old style soviet union motus operandi. You know it !
A Mario Tremblay move ?

Come on... "No Carey, youre Graham tells me youre injured, youre too important to the success of the team going forward, were going to sit you"

Please, arrête.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Exactly. Good thing to know I'm not alone.

images

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Primeau still has consistency problems in the AHL. Keeping him down until at least mid 21-22 would be beneficial.
He had good numbers last year on a bad team. Made the AHL All Rookie team. This season his numbers are even better, and he is one of the top goaltenders in the league. Jake Oettinger from the same draft is doing great with Dallas this season. He's nearly a year older than Primeau, but Cayden has put up better numbers at each level since they were drafted.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He had good numbers last year on a bad team. Made the AHL All Rookie team. This season his numbers are even better, and he is one of the top goaltenders in the league. Jake Oettinger from the same draft is doing great with Dallas this season. He's nearly a year older than Primeau, but Cayden has put up better numbers at each level since they were drafted.

I disagree. He can still learn in the AHL. I would not make a spot for him until 22-23 unless he somehow clearly outplays Allen. If Allen gets taken in the ED, I would think long and hard about bringing a good backup for 1 year before giving it to Primeau. The ideal for me is:
20-21: Price-Allen
21-22 Price-Allen
22-23 Trade Allen sometime between Summer 2022 and TDL 2023 depending on Allen and Primeau's performance. Primeau finish the year in Montreal.
2023 to 2026 Primeau gets progressively more starts and gets a starter deal in 2026 when Price contracts expire.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I disagree. He can still learn in the AHL. I would not make a spot for him until 22-23 unless he somehow clearly outplays Allen. If Allen gets taken in the ED, I would think long and hard about bringing a good backup for 1 year before giving it to Primeau. The ideal for me is:
20-21: Price-Allen
21-22 Price-Allen
22-23 Trade Allen sometime between Summer 2022 and TDL 2023 depending on Allen and Primeau's performance. Primeau finish the year in Montreal.
2023 to 2026 Primeau gets progressively more starts and gets a starter deal in 2026 when Price contracts expire.

For 2022-23, what do you think of a Primeau-Allen pairing?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Price will finish in contract in Montreal, so to me I don't see the relevance of any scenario excluding him.

Yeah if he's bad he's untradeable and if he's good MB doesn't move him. (yes, I think MB will be here then, like it or not).

Only scenario I see Price getting moved is if Price is playing well, but a young guy like Primeau comes in and plays even better. Then you have to give the net to the young guy with a whole career ahead of him, instead of keeping Price for his final few years.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah if he's bad he's untradeable and if he's good MB doesn't move him. (yes, I think MB will be here then, like it or not).

Only scenario I see Price getting moved is if Price is playing well, but a young guy like Primeau comes in and plays even better. Then you have to give the net to the young guy with a whole career ahead of him, instead of keeping Price for his final few years.

Even then, he would be part of the duo and Allen would be the one moved. Primeau is RFA until Price's contract ends, so no fear of him leaving.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Even then, he would be part of the duo and Allen would be the one moved. Primeau is RFA until Price's contract ends, so no fear of him leaving.

True, but Primeau can't be left on the bench as a back up if he's good enough to be a starter. And Price gets a good return if he's playing well. And Allen's a great backup...

But I consider it a very unlikely scenario that Primeau becomes good enough to outplay Price in two years. Possible. But very unlikely.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Price will finish in contract in Montreal, so to me I don't see the relevance of any scenario excluding him.

it's impossible to know that though, with the way Waite talked bout his injuries, he's no spring chicken with a ton of miles on his body already. Who knows how it will play out. Granted we know he will be around next year since he gets 13M, but when he's 37, 38, will he still be able to play? We can only speculate of course.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I could see Price going to Seattle, which is close to home for him. Look for a late career rejuvenation similar to M A Fleury in Vegas.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Ehhh I have the nagging suspicion that Price's days are numbered.

Between his multiple "outages" in the past few years and what Waite's said about an injured body... And the acquisition of a guy like Allen it doesn't bode too well I think.

Not sure how those contracts work so I imagine that Price would fight as much as he can (from a paycheck and competitor's pov) to complete his contract, but if I was Montreal I'd probably try to find a way to LTIR him by force if the recurring injury is slowing down his play and forcing him out.

Probably not this year but I'm guessing the timing with Primeau might work out better than expected
Zero % chance they try to force him onto LTIR. Look, I’ve been a critic, but this is no way to handle the situation. It’s not even being considered, nor should it. He’s still capable of short stretches as a top netminder, we just never know when it will be. Maybe this nagging injury explains some of his play. Groin injury forcing him to try and compensate in net by playing a bit different to reduce aggravating it. I’m not making excuses and wish if he didn’t feel 100% he would take himself out of the game, but not many players do that and almost all try to play through it.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Decisions will have to be made, obviously. Let's just say I'd be thinking long and hard about moving forward with Allen if I were them. The post-Price era may very well be upon us.

I'm not so sure Price finishes that contract in Montreal but we will see. A part of me would like Seattle to take Price (doubt that happens) and we use his cap space on Ovechkin while Allen stays with Primeau.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I could see Price going to Seattle, which is close to home for him. Look for a late career rejuvenation similar to M A Fleury in Vegas.

Possible yes but unlikely. Does Seattle's owner want anything to do with that Signing bonus money in July each year? Price may request it but Seattle might deny it

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Possible yes but unlikely. Does Seattle's owner want anything to do with that Signing bonus money in July each year? Price may request it but Seattle might deny it

Possibly.. getting the hockey team is one thing, being able to market a star out of the gate is another.. it would generate a lot of other revenue for them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Possibly.. getting the hockey team is one thing, being able to market a star out of the gate is another.. it would generate a lot of other revenue for them.

I'd hate to see Price go but at this stage, it might be best for Price and the Habs. Other than Ovi, who would you spend the cap savings on? We would have to be careful with that cause guys like Danault, Tatar, and the younger guys will look to chew into that space.

So if Price is gone and we have his cap space to use, we better use that on a piece we need. Otherwise, it will get spread out in raises to players that shouldn't get it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
CapFriendly has Primeau on the roster as emergency loan and Lindgren on the taxi squad (I'm assuming for salary cap reasons).

So does Primeau get the start tonight or Lindgren? Maybe they go back to Allen but I doubt it with a game on Saturday.

Primeau would be my choice.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd hate to see Price go but at this stage, it might be best for Price and the Habs. Other than Ovi, who would you spend the cap savings on? We would have to be careful with that cause guys like Danault, Tatar, and the younger guys will look to chew into that space.

So if Price is gone and we have his cap space to use, we better use that on a piece we need. Otherwise, it will get spread out in raises to players that shouldn't get it.

Spread it out on cheap vets we can sign and flip at the deadline. I would be trading Danault and Tatar at the deadline too.

Price, Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, Weber and that age range of guys are not going to be useful by the time we are ready to compete, if we embark on a real path to competition through a legitimate rebuild.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has there been any update on Price, I don't listen to Tony M so I don't know if he's full of shit or not but just thought it odd that after he said Price was out for a while or however he phrased it, they called up McNiven as well.

Just wondering if we will see Primeau get a game or not.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Has there been any update on Price, I don't listen to Tony M so I don't know if he's full of shit or not but just thought it odd that after he said Price was out for a while or however he phrased it, they called up McNiven as well.

Just wondering if we will see Primeau get a game or not.
Primeau is the future, they should just stick him in. No point fooling around, he won't be worse than what they've had this season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Primeau is the future, they should just stick him in. No point fooling around, he won't be worse than what they've had this season.

Defense has been way worse than goaltending this season. He can easily do worse than Price and Allen who have been mostly good.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Defense has been way worse than goaltending this season. He can easily do worse than Price and Allen who have been mostly good.
Meh, they've lost a bunch of games where they outshot the other team by a 2 - 1 margin. I bet as a team the Habs have one of the worst save % in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad