Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Ducks 11-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
we destroyed the ducks both times last season, so hopefully that success carries over to this season.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Excited... I got tickets for this game 1st row behind the Panthers bench! Really hope Jagr plays, that'd be special to watch.

californians!!

where you guys sitting for this game?

Ah hah, just saw your post. Assume you'll be there? I usually catch Panthers @ Sharks on their west coast trip, this will be my first time attending a Ducks game. Anything good to know?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Excited... I got tickets for this game 1st row behind the Panthers bench! Really hope Jagr plays, that'd be special to watch.

Ah hah, just saw your post. Assume you'll be there? I usually catch Panthers @ Sharks on their west coast trip, this will be my first time attending a Ducks game. Anything good to know?

Yeah aiming to go. I'm thinking of getting zone 209 goal line of where the panthers shoot twice

My first ducks game actually

i work in the area, what do you Wanna know?

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Yeah aiming to go. I'm thinking of getting zone 209 goal line of where the panthers shoot twice

My first ducks game actually

i work in the area, what do you Wanna know?

Ah, nothing in particular. Thought you might have some good tips for the stadium. I'm mainly going down for BlizzCon, which just happened to perfectly align with this Cats west coast trip.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ah, nothing in particular. Thought you might have some good tips for the stadium. I'm mainly going down for BlizzCon, which just happened to perfectly align with this Cats west coast trip.

Yeah I'm not much help. I think parking passes are cheaper online? And behind the arena is a Bunch of restaurants for your pre or post game options.

Accessibility is simple its right off the freeway. Traffic sucks though so give yourself some buffer.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

I'll be going to all three games on the California swing. I did it last year and had a great time. I'm assuming the Big Cubano gets the start in Anaheim and Lu is in net at SJ. I can't wait till Wednesday night :yo:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
^^You quoted it poorly so I won't quote it, but if it's true he broke his thumb, this makes sense. Haven't read that anywhere though.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I'll be going to all three games on the California swing. I did it last year and had a great time. I'm assuming the Big Cubano gets the start in Anaheim and Lu is in net at SJ. I can't wait till Wednesday night :yo:

Accessibility is simple its right off the freeway. Traffic sucks though so give yourself some buffer.

Yeah I'm driving down from SF that morning and trying to give myself plenty of time... I imagine passing through LA on the way to Anaheim around 3pm is just going to be miserable snarled traffic.

Anyway, bring a rat guys! I was the only one to throw one on the ice in San Jose last year. Would be nice to see a few of them out there :nod:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I was planning on attending this game but I took the fam to Arizona to see Tool this past weekend. Took a hit on the 'fun funds'.

-ghoste

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
So I get to go to the game tomorrow and normally I sit up top but my dad will be going and he insisted to sit closer. So anyways I'll be where the Panthers shoot twice in sect 204. So I'll be getting a good look of your guys, anyone want to give me a run down on your players and their style? I know Jagr of course but guys like Barkov I only see twice a year.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Seems like a fractured thumb in Boston game

He was sent back and will be playing in Portland's game tomorrow as far as I know. I don't think he can be sent back if injured which is why we still have Steven Hodges I believe.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So I get to go to the game tomorrow and normally I sit up top but my dad will be going and he insisted to sit closer. So anyways I'll be where the Panthers shoot twice in sect 204. So I'll be getting a good look of your guys, anyone want to give me a run down on your players and their style? I know Jagr of course but guys like Barkov I only see twice a year.

Sad to say Barky isnt playing.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Used to be dump and chase team but under Gallant expect good breakout passes followed by good spacing with the forwards and connecting on passes with guys leaving our zone with speed. Then when in the Ducks zone expect solid cycle game especially with top six units (Barkov out and Jagr questionable hurts what Panthers do best). One thing the Panthers do struggle with is getting bodies in front of the net on point shots, but our players will go to the dirty areas eventually to get the job done. The team is built from the goalie out so don't expect an exciting game persay, but don't discount it either with youth up and down the lineup.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Would love to get out to Cali one year to see them play in those rinks. To the Cali people of those three which stadium and fan experience is the best?

PanthersHockey

Jun 11, 2011
Would love to get out to Cali one year to see them play in those rinks. To the Cali people of those three which stadium and fan experience is the best?

San Jose by far has the best fan experience and sight lines for me. I've been up there quite a few times to see the Panthers and the fans are always super cool and fun to be around.
Ducks are the most family friendly, arena is nice. Sight lines are decent.
Kings for me is the worst (I live in L.A.), and I never have a good time. Sight lines aren't bad, but that's about it.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
3-2 over the next 5 puts them on a 94 point pace. That will get them in.

I doubt 94 points makes the cut. Not with the way teams have been accumulating them of late. The 8 seed projects to 96.9 points at the moment. Last year 98 points was the 8 seed in the East (99 in the West). It wouldn't surprise me if someone in the West gets left out as a 100 point team this year.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco

Tomorrow will be my first time attending a Ducks game. I've been to a bunch of Sharks games, and only one Kings game.

Of the two, the Sharks have a great game day experience. Nicest hockey arena I've been to... haven't found a bad seat anywhere in it. Friendly fans and a fun atmosphere. In comparison, the Kings arena seemed a bit oddly shaped. Didn't have any issues with their fans, but they weren't as open as Sharks fans either. I'd definitely rather get in/out of the neighborhood the Sharks arena is compared to the Kings as well.

All that said, I had a good time at both. If I was choosing one, I'd go for the Sharks though. But if you can take a trip and catch the Cats on a west coast trip for both the Ducks and Kings... that'd probably be great.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Win one for Lu's record this season. It's not a reflection of the way he has performed.

Praying Jagr is healthy enough to play and Huberdeau shows up to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad