Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Ducks 11-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Perhaps I missed it, but what do we need Shaw or Wilson for if Grimaldi is up? We have enough forwards to go around, or are we just trying to not play Thornton (which isn't a terrible thing I'll give you)? I would assume Jagr has to be ready by Wednesday.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Perhaps I missed it, but what do we need Shaw or Wilson for if Grimaldi is up? We have enough forwards to go around, or are we just trying to not play Thornton (which isn't a terrible thing I'll give you)? I would assume Jagr has to be ready by Wednesday.

Jagr should be ready for Wednesday...Gallant said he had a hard workout during the game on Saturday.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I present to you...Aleksander Barkov:

Caption: "Wasn't going to Oktoberfest last night. Just Halloween #bavarian #fashion"

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wilson is purely a 4th liner, so that could mean that Thornton is actually in the pressbox where he should be.

Could also just be insurance for the road trip.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
CS00P-RWEAA0JUh.jpg

the mullet is growing!

George Richards Retweeted
Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers 1h1 hour ago
#JagrsMullet UPDATE: Here is your weekly check in on the @68Jagr mullet!

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

God I hope so. It's nice to have enough forwards to cover for Jagr IF he can't play and also to sit a player who needs to sit.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

It sounds like he'll play, I think Wilson is just there in case he can't go, because they don't want to use Thornton.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

It sounds like he'll play, I think Wilson is just there in case he can't go, because they don't want to use Thornton.

Call ups also have to come from Maine so it's around 6+ hour flight. With a B2B on the schedule so it's smart to have Wilson as a FWD reserve in this case.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Yeah it sounds like he will be good to go but I'm glad we have the extra forward. Wilson can get a couple practices with the team under his belt before Wednesday.
If Gallant plays Thornton one more damn time because we had no other forwards I think I might freak out. But seriously, I think Thornton is a great guy, good in the locker room and a good fighter. There are just better players to compliment that fourth line and bring it to another level.
Like someone else said... the Thornton fourth line might not lose us games, but it also won't be the difference maker in winning us a game.

Last edited:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
I present to you...Aleksander Barkov:

Caption: "Wasn't going to Oktoberfest last night. Just Halloween #bavarian #fashion"

Barkov is slowly becoming my favorite player in the league, and its because of stuff like this.

Hopefully we have a good game against Anaheim, but we are notorious for slump busting. Should have beat the Caps imo, but I will take a point.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My only question is if it's just precautionary why not keep Shaw? I'm thinking maybe they want Jagr out till Thursday.

Anaheim is good though, hopefully he plays.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I have the feeling of the first game against Pitt. Crosby was cold. We take a penalty right off the bat, boom powerplay goal, Crosby.

This is the same scenario for Perry and/or Getzlaf. The elite ones find a way eventually.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I have the feeling of the first game against Pitt. Crosby was cold. We take a penalty right off the bat, boom powerplay goal, Crosby.

This is the same scenario for Perry and/or Getzlaf. The elite ones find a way eventually.
Getzlaf is questionable for this game.

Portland only iced 10 forwards last game. Don't want to leave the affiliate barren.

I'm not saying to keep both up, I'm wondering why they didn't just keep Shaw and keep Wilson in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad