Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt traded to COL for D Bo Byram. Straight up.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Thank god we got that whole 3 game look in two and a half year at Krebs in a top 9 roll or this would be embarrassing.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
On the surface - I think COL wins this easily.

I will say, though, I don’t think we’ll know for sure for a few more years. Byram has potential if he can stay healthy.

I would’ve liked to get Ryan Johansen and the 1st rounder as part of this deal but that’s neither here nor there.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
As an Avs fan I'm glad to see how upset you guys are because I haven't seen Mittlestadt much. Excited to see what he can do.

I think you're selling Byram a bit short. He's had a tough year, but he's been forced to play his offside (probably for this trade) and stuck on the 3rd pair. Bo is a very emotional/cocky guy and thrives under pressure and in the spotlight. There's still been glimpses of that this year, like when we've been on national television.

Also, his injury history is a bit overrated. It's delayed his development but I don't think it's hampered it too much. I think you'll see his value if/when Buffalo returns to the POs

I'm a fan of his and wish him the best. If both players hit their ceilings you guys win this trade.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Not happy about this one. At all.

Why draft guys in the first round and then trade them just as they are reaching their prime?
Internal cap.

Don't even want to hear a dissenting argument on that anymore.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
As an Avs fan I'm glad to see how upset you guys are because I haven't seen Mittlestadt much. Excited to see what he can do.

I think you're selling Byram a bit short. He's had a tough year, but he's been forced to play his offside (probably for this trade) and stuck on the 3rd pair. Bo is a very emotional/cocky guy and thrives under pressure and in the spotlight. There's still been glimpses of that this year, like when we've been on national television.

Also, his injury history is a bit overrated. It's delayed his development but I don't think it's hampered it too much. I think you'll see his value if/when Buffalo returns to the POs

I'm a fan of his and wish him the best. If both players hit their ceilings you guys win this trade.
Hows his head? Concussion(s) is in the past?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
So we are trading our leading scorer, a center in his prime and finally becoming the player we always wanted him to be, for a young defensemen with potential that is currently struggling.

We get even younger and trade a player in his prime in exchange for potential. This is the opposite of what Adams should be doing.

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Avs Fan:
"Also, Byram really helped us to win that cup. I've always said to those who are sulking after Jack Hughes, just be happy that Byram helped us win the cup. And I don't think he was a small piece either, arguably he was the best defenceman in the finals."

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Kevyn Adams collecting the Canada’s lockout WJC team.

Cozens Krebs Quinn Levi and now Byram

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad