Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
All this kid does is be the best player on his team, doesn’t matter what level he plays you always notice him. He’s coming to Buffalo next year if he wants.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I continue to love how he battles for pucks.

That goal was far less impressive than his willingness to stick his nose into that opposing player causing the turnover.

Can’t stop thinking that he will put on the weight Reinhart did over his first post draft year and being ready next year.

Curious to see his offensive numbers in a month or so when he starts to get comfortable in ncaa hockey. That goal total might start popping as he settles in.

Question for anyone who watched toews at nd a lot, but I remember him having a somewhat similar skill level, but the same competitive everywhere attitude.

Reactions: Chainshot

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Kris Baker @SabresProspects - Mittelstadt with a great chance early.
Takes a feed and goes through slot unabated, but fires wide glove side.

Minnesota M Hockey‏ @GopherHockey -
Mittelstadt's goal comes 10:15 into the first period, assisted by Rem Pitlick.

Kris Baker @SabresProspects -
Mittelstadt
gets a pass between the hash marks and he doesn’t miss this time.
Third goal of the year. #Sabres

In about 12 months: "Top shelf where mama hides the cookie jar!"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another impressive play late, right after the faceoff following the Gopher's 4th goal and he razzles past one of the MSU defensemen. I may need to go back to look at that again.

It was #44, frosh Butrus Ghafrai he schooled.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Had the chance to see him up close and personal a few weeks ago. I've also spoken to some who have seen him live since then. I'm told he continues to noticeably improve as he gets more settled/comfortable. No surprise there, but what I saw a few weeks ago is some elite skill along with a poise and competitiveness that belie his baby face, so if he keeps improving from such a high base, and I expect he will, watch out. I have a distinct feeling one or a few Top 7 drafting teams last June are going to have significant regrets if they passed on this kid due to HS competition and/or pull-up ability. You can't teach his inate skill, which is high level, and when it's combined with his drive...well, without getting too carried away this early, we'll just say it's very exciting. If you're close to a college venue, go watch him live. He still has things to work on, but the elite skill package and the shift-to-shift tenacity is there. Right now he looks on track for "NHL-ready" in 2018, and I don't say that lightly or about too many Freshmen. Ever. Way, way early in the game, but this has a good chance to be the singular steal of the 2017 draft, no disrespect to the other kids. We shall see.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Freshman sensation Casey Mittelstadt (2017, first round) showed off his puck hounding skills Friday, stripping a defender and setting up a goal as the University of Minnesota opened a Big Ten Hockey set with a 3-1 victory over Michigan State.

Mittelstadt continued to make an impact Saturday, forcing a defenseman into a turnover and getting the puck in the slot for a quick wrist-shot goal as the Gophers earned the sweep of the Spartans with a 4-0 win.

Mittelstadt, who has gotten on the score sheet in eight of the nine games he has appeared in, has worked his way to nine points (3+6), 26 shots on goal and a plus-8 rating in the young season.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-prospects-report-november-6-2017/c-292684388

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
All this kid does is be the best player on his team, doesn’t matter what level he plays you always notice him. He’s coming to Buffalo next year if he wants.
Isn't that a nice thought! Excited to start getting some of Botterill's draft picks in the fold.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Head down, hustling back, then a stick lift pick-pocket and takes hit to make pass for next zone entry .. something, something, but pull-ups; something, something, but 5v5 output in USHL stat-watching.:biglaugh:

I was one of the naysayers when this pick came in. Just thought he was undersized, scored on the PP but to a lesser extent 5v5. He's turned it around and while I still think we needed a defender in the pipe, can't argue with getting a (most likely) top4 selection in Stadt.

Thanks for all the prospect info you post, I've never made an account until now, but have been reading for years. It is appreciated.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Mittelstadt has 3G 6A in 9GP
For a comparison, Eichel had 7G 9A in 9GP

Just shows how absurd Eichel’s rookie Hobey Baker season was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad