Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I have very little doubt in saying this kid is a future star forward in the National Hockey League. The little bit of doubt I have has nothing to do with him, it’s the team he was drafted by.

For me he checks all the boxes. He’s got that tenacity to go with the elite hands, and skating. I can see him being our version of what Nylander is in Toronto.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I have very little doubt in saying this kid is a future star forward in the National Hockey League. The little bit of doubt I have has nothing to do with him, it’s the team he was drafted by.

For me he checks all the boxes. He’s got that tenacity to go with the elite hands, and skating. I can see him being our version of what Nylander is in Toronto.

He really is something else. I think he has the highest potential of anyone in last years draft offensively.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Again attacking the net along the goal line from Kielly's left, makes the backdoor pass cross-crease to Szmatula for Minny's 2nd goal, 23 seconds into the second. Powerplay assist, Casey is now playing low hub rather than up on the LW half-wall.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another dangerous rush, goes backhand, high and Kielly is forced to make a save. Rebound comes out in front.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Looking at what Keller is doing right now, it's hard not to think the Stadt' will be in the show next year.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hated this pick at the time and was willing to roll the dice in Liljegren. I'm microwaving my crow with every bump of this kids thread

Reactions: truthbluth

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

This guy ain’t going back next year

Nobody thought he would go back for his senior year of high school, he does what's in his heart. He could play in the NHL right now. I'll be gutted if he goes back to school next year but it could happen.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Just curious...would anyone trade him for Nolan Patrick straight up? I honestly feel like we drafted the better player.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Just curious...would anyone trade him for Nolan Patrick straight up? I honestly feel like we drafted the better player.

To early to tell. If you asked me a year ago I'd take that deal easily.

Right now looks like a Marner versus reinhart discussion.

Ask me in a year...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
‘’ Nobody thought he would go back for his senior year of high school, he does what's in his heart. He could play in the NHL right now. I'll be gutted if he goes back to school next year but it could happen.‘’

He was leaving zero dollars on the table with that decision. Where he chose to spend the time he had to kill until he was drafted (and a reminder...he played half a year in the USHL too. Led it in points per game. Somehow always left out of his pre draft resume) is an entirely different scenario from what he chooses to do with his career.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Minnesota M Hockey‏ @GopherHockey -
#GOPHERS GOAL!!! Rem Pitlick pounds home the Casey Mittelstadt feed to take back the two-goal lead! Pitlick goal comes at 5:50 of the third period - Mittelstadt with the lone assist.

Fridays Game is scheduled to be replayed twice this morning - Fox College Sports Central (Channel 373 via Spectrum Cable) - 3:30 am ET-6:00 am ET and Fox College Sports (Channel 374 via Spectrum Cable) - 8:30 am ET - 11:00 am ET.

Saturdays game will be televised LIVE on Fox College Sports Atlantic (Channel 372 via Spectrum Cable) starting at 5:00 pm ET. Game should end in plenty of time to catch the Sabres game which faces-off after 8:00 pm ET.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Mittelstadt missed his first slot HDCF, looked like an MSU glove/arm save and then wide, but maybe just wide. He converted the second one though, sniping the other side (stick) instead, just ten minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad