Injury Report: Carter out indefinitely (Mod Edit--ETA February-ish)

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Does he have to get cleared to return to the game too or is this basically he's 100% and ready to go? I think he has to go through a contact practice first and get cleared, right?

Besides the hopeful production he'll bring, what a boost it is to the team to get your 2nd best offensive player and one of the team leaders back. Hopefully after the successful ending of the trip and Carter's return this can start a really good run.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Mooy04

Apr 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Cleared for practice doesn't mean game ready yet. I don't know if he would be ready for Saturday. Either way very exciting to see him back. With the rise of Kempe and younger players I wonder if him coming back will have a ripple effect through the lines. Teams now have to have their defense worry about Carter again which may give more room to a player like Kempe.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Like in 2012, Carter in addition to his production lets the kings slot the players where they should be. Kempe is not a center and he's a rookie that is still learning the game. He needs to move back to LW.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Like in 2012, Carter in addition to his production lets the kings slot the players where they should be. Kempe is not a center and he's a rookie that is still learning the game. He needs to move back to LW.

I was under the impression that Kempe’s been doing well att center..?

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Y'know, something similar did happen with another Carter who joined the Kings in 2003-04...

wasn't that right after the Ronning trade that didn't help either, trades that on paper should help probably could add in bishop last year ,but it was obvious the team quit on sutter in that one

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I was under the impression that Kempe’s been doing well att center..?

All things considered, he has done ok on an emergency basis. His FO % is under 40%. He has only 7 primary assists for the year - only a couple (1? 2?) in the last 25+ games. those aren't 2nd line center stats.

He could still learn though but as of right now, he's more a LW.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
carter's laki interview:

"On if he knew right away it was a serious injury:
I just thought I got cut. I went back to get stitches and they started looking around.

On when he knew it was more than just a cut:
When they started looking around."

f***in love this guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad