Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wouldn't he have to be?
giphy.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good thing Karmanos and Illich aren't around, they'd be furious about the Ned move and teams even considering Bean to Detroit

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
[MOD]
First 2nd rnd draft pick gets him?
Wouldn't mind seeing native son Jake in Calgary Flames colors.

Hey, Waddell, we just got off the phone with you... We're here for ya again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
A 2nd is probably pretty fair value for Bean.

He's 23 years old, 5 years post draft and has developed fairly well to this point, but not a slam dunk by any means. Played a very sheltered bottom pairing role in Carolina with some PP time and struggled at times on the defensive end of things, but also showed some flashes. He's likely not a finished product though, but with Slavin and Skjei holding down the LHD side for the foreseeable future, he's not got a great path in Carolina.

Brind'Amour never really was confident enough in him to give him a bigger role, but there wasn't a bigger role to be had.

I can see a team wanting to give up a 2nd for him, but probably not give up a 1st.
If he can't lap Skjei, I am concerned. That guy is about as smart as the flat side of a hammer.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If he can't lap Skjei, I am concerned. That guy is about as smart as the flat side of a hammer.

Skjei played a much different role in Carolina than NYR. He wasn't asked to be "the guy". IMO, Ranger's got enamored by his rookie season where he was exceedingly sheltered and thought he could be a all situation 2-way defenseman.

Canes played him with Pesce in a more shut-down role and he kept his game simple and didn't try to do that much, and frankly was very successful in that role. He still had a few brain farts, but overall, he was very solid as a 2nd pairing defenseman with Pesce.

I still think he's a bit overpaid, but if Skjei can continue to play the same role he played last year, I'll be very happy with him.

Reactions: WhiteTrashAmerican

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I've watched Bean quite a bit in the AHL against the Marlies and was never impressed. Same with Fleury pre-trade.

CAR would do well to ship him for a 2nd.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Skjei played a much different role in Carolina than NYR. He wasn't asked to be "the guy". IMO, Ranger's got enamored by his rookie season where he was exceedingly sheltered and thought he could be a all situation 2-way defenseman.

Canes played him with Pesce in a more shut-down role and he kept his game simple and didn't try to do that much, and frankly was very successful in that role. He still had a few brain farts, but overall, he was very solid as a 2nd pairing defenseman with Pesce.

I still think he's a bit overpaid, but if Skjei can continue to play the same role he played last year, I'll be very happy with him.
I'm glad you like him, but if Bean can't pass him I would say take the second rounder and look for someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad