Rumor: Carolina's Jake Bean available for a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't know... is "some money and a nice chance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs" such a bad contract offer. Let's look at some guys who like this kind of offer, why don't we.
We don't know what they offered him, but do you think it was an impressive? His coach doesnt trust him yet, of course that can improve but he's not the style of player Rod likes. Was it even one way? We are an up and coming team still but he could end up with a good team this way as well. We could find a vet who wants in for sure, and we will. I just dont blame the kid for wanting a fresh start.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We don't know what they offered him, but do you think it was an impressive? His coach doesnt trust him yet, of course that can improve but he's not the style of player Rod likes. Was it even one way? We are an up and coming team still but he could end up with a good team this way as well. We could find a vet who wants in for sure, and we will. I just dont blame the kid for wanting a fresh start.
No, we don't want to and can't overpay for a player projected to play in third-pairing D-man position.

And he doesn't want to play that position.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
People are not grasping the severity of the flat cap and deals. GM's do not stick stats next to each other and say your guy had a better +/- so you have to add an extra pick. This is a business and players are assets. Any tiff of contract issue and the player is gone.

So they decide to trade a cheap young roster player? That logic doesn’t track.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't know... is "some money and a nice chance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs" such a bad contract offer. Let's look at some guys who like this kind of offer, why don't we.

I think Dundon & company consider the word “arbitration” to be a trade demand.

They may feel a bit sheepish when they realize Bean doesn’t have arbitration rights yet.

Reactions: Tryamw and Lempo

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I would love if Bean was worth a 1st, but I don't think he is. I think a 2nd is probably pretty fair. He's got upside, but he's not a slam dunk either.

I'd prefer to keep him personally, but if he wants a spot with better opportunity, then I can see why he'd want to go elsewhere.

Reactions: Tryamw

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Buffalo doesn't make sense, they have Dahlin and most likely Power soon. With guys like Samuelsson, Johnson in the system and they just got Hagg. 2nd would be better used on a RD or forward. Detroit just got Leddy who plays the same role, they probably will try to extend him next year too. So Bean is a bit redundant even if he's much younger. Minnesota could use another D after the Suter buyout and Soucy loss to the ED. If Bean is cheap the next few seasons that would help even more for them.
I would think Leddy being on the team wouldn't make or break a deal for Bean tbh. Detroit isn't necessarily "stacked" on that side of the defense. He could fit in just nicely imo.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He is from the Area, Holland has no excuses here. None whatsoever. He is a perfect fit with Edmonton

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
He is from the Area, Holland has no excuses here. None whatsoever. He is a perfect fit with Edmonton

Edmonton doesn't have a 2nd round pick and I think next year's 2nd is encumbered as well. If the Canes want a 2nd then Edmonton is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad