Rumor: Carolina's Jake Bean available for a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm glad you like him, but if Bean can't pass him I would say take the second rounder and look for someone who can.

Well, Bean is a 23 year old rookie and Skjei is a 27 year old veteran. Probably not a fair comparison.

I think the Canes are 100% fine with Skjei as a 2nd pairing LHD in a defensive role and Bean has no bearing on that.

Reactions: jjr922

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs should pursue him with the 2nd they obtained from Graves.

Bean might be worth the risk and likely needs a change. He was excellent in Junior, terrible in the WJC and excellent in the AHL. Surprised on not being selected by SEA, but he could be a low risk pickup.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Canes are moving guys they just don’t think fit. Whether it’s style of play or contracts in their cap structure.

They’re looking at Bean right now and evaluating whether or not he can be the guy who he was projected to be when he was drafted. Obviously they don’t think he has what it takes to make the improvements to be a strong member of the team moving forward. Maybe it’s a bit hasty but he is a 23 y/o former 1st rounder. I guess they figure if they can’t see it from him now, then it ain’t coming.

Doesn’t mean he’s bad or a bust. Just not going to be the player they need moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad