LeBrun: Carolina will "absolutely" trade Skinner

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wouldnt stating this make Skinners trade value diminish a little bit?

AFAIK, the team hasn't stated it. Waddell has said they are looking to make some moves, but if the right deal isn't there, they are fine keeping him on the team.

Either way though, I don't think it diminishes value either way. GMs call each other and they all talk. They know who is likely to be traded and who isn't so they don't need public statements to know that Skinner is on the trade block.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
At the end of the day this guy scores 30 goals a year so if you want him you must pay.
I think a first and a prospect is fair. Skinner calls the shots so they have to present every deal they have to him if they want to pull the trigger.

The first rounder will be the most useful asset you get back in the trade by far I believe.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I think a first and a prospect is fair. Skinner calls the shots so they have to present every deal they have to him if they want to pull the trigger.

The first rounder will be the most useful asset you get back in the trade by far I believe.

Not certain we're looking for a pick and spec, as opposed to a hockey trade.

Our pipeline is loaded with B-level talent everywhere (Except RHD) and nobody is giving us a top spec for Skinner.

If we are looking for a pick, I feel it's only to use it in a package for Gru from Washington. Even then, vet top-4 RHD and pick makes more sense for our needs.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

I don't think his NMC will be much of an issue at all. Skinner wants to make the playoffs as he never has in his career. The only teams that would be interested in Skinner with 1 year left on his deal, are likely playoff teams. He probably wants to move on as much as Carolina wants to move on.

Jan 21, 2018
Ignoring team needs Skinner would look dynamite next to Matthews. Poor guy is getting Sundin'd, Hyman is the new Ponikarovsy/Antropov/4th line scrub etc

I like the avs comments, he'd look good in that jersey

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
People should just wait for Skinner to reach UFA. Carolina held on to him too long.

That's the HF mentality, where picks and prospects are king. Canes truly thought they were going to make the playoffs last year and thought they fixed the goaltending to allow that. If their goaltending had even been league average they had a decent shot at being a playoff team. They weren't trading their best goal scorer who had just turned 25 so they could get a better return which would have given them no chance to make the playoffs.

At a minimum, they'll get a mid-late 1st and prospect at the trade deadline.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
That's the HF mentality, where picks and prospects are king. Canes truly thought they were going to make the playoffs last year and thought they fixed the goaltending to allow that. If their goaltending had even been league average they had a decent shot at being a playoff team. They weren't trading their best goal scorer who had just turned 25 so they could get a better return which would have given them no chance to make the playoffs.

At a minimum, they'll get a mid-late 1st and prospect at the trade deadline.
Fans say this all the time but a year is a lifetime in sports. A contender will pay appropriate value to add a scorer of his caliber.
I agree but now that hes a ufa next year they will not get full value back.

Reactions: paulmm3

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I agree but now that hes a ufa next year they will not get full value back.

Again, the HF mentality. "It's better to get full value in a trade for a player than get a few years of play out of him instead."

Hawks should be moving Saad right now then. Who cares if he can help the team today, his value will only decrease as he gets closer to UFA.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If SJ is in the conversation AND if the Chicago rumor pans out and Saad comes back for Faulk, then I like Braun and first rounder from SJ. Are the Sharks willing to do this?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It's surprising. It's a strong fit given the makeup of Colorado's lineup and Skinner's ability to be the offensive driver on a middle-6 line. Perhaps the Avs run a tight ship or maybe they're just not as interested as they should be.

L.A. has been mentioned consistently. SJ was cited here. Florida was mentioned last week. McKenzie speculated that Buffalo could be interested last month.
It’s hard to say.

Some chatter on the avs board thinks the Avs should be making a move to insulate Jost, if they plan on playing him center. But that it’s be better to get a more complete, 200-foot winger.

I don’t necessarily agree, but there is merit that the avs second line with Skinner would be entirely way too small.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
It’s hard to say.

Some chatter on the avs board thinks the Avs should be making a move to insulate Jost, if they plan on playing him center. But that it’s be better to get a more complete, 200-foot winger.

I don’t necessarily agree, but there is merit that the avs second line with Skinner would be entirely way too small.

Skinner is literally the same size as Crosby.

His baby face kills his appearance, but he’s not very good defensively.

Reactions: sheriff bart

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If SJ is in the conversation AND if the Chicago rumor pans out and Saad comes back for Faulk, then I like Braun and first rounder from SJ. Are the Sharks willing to do this?

I know you are a Canes fan but how familiar are you with Braun? Can he be the veteran 2nd pairing RHD safety net that Hanifin needs (someone who covers the mistakes of a roaming, dynamic D)? Maybe a SJ fan can chime in? In that case Braun + 21 for Skinner (+) makes sense.

Donskoi is also a guy that interests me. Canes are Karpat-baggers and he has always stuck out to me with his speed, skill, and motor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad