LeBrun: Carolina will "absolutely" trade Skinner

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He'd be a perfect fit in Columbus with tons of PP time.

Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Skinner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
What prospect are the Hawks passing along with the lower 1st pick? The stacked Chicago farm and all really has me excited about the name that is included.

Given the mold of what's needed and they have excess of, I'm sure we can afford to part with one of sikura, shalunov, or kayumov. Just hard for all of them to develop and find space in the top 9, let alone top 6 in the new few years

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I like skinner but I have no interest in trading the 27th for a rental winger. Much rather use it as a chip for help on the back end
I just love those lines. Kane's line would be able to skate like the wind and put teams on their heels and hard to keep up with all that speed and high end skill. Toews also gets two likely 30 goal scorers on each wing with a nose for the net and can play down low with him.

I doubt the 27OA as a main piece gets Chicago significant help on the blue line

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He'd be a perfect fit in Columbus with tons of PP time.

Panarin-PLD-Atkinson
Skinner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

Tons of PP time wouldn't hurt, but he's actually better at EV visually. Statistically, over the past 2 seasons, he's scored more EVGs than the likes of Ovechkin, P. Kane, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Kessel, etc.

NHL.com - Stats

He did that as the undisputed best player on his line. He's a legit 1st option from the wing position.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Canes want a hockey deal or a 1st + prospect. I really doubt that #27 is the best deal they will find for Skinner. Especially with LA and Colorado hot on him. Much better picks and assets that fit the Canes needs.
Don’t think I’ve seen a single report linking Colorado to Skinner.

As of now, that’s entirely a HF-created rumour.

Reactions: Balthazar

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Don’t think I’ve seen a single report linking Colorado to Skinner.

As of now, that’s entirely a HF-created rumour.

It's surprising. It's a strong fit given the makeup of Colorado's lineup and Skinner's ability to be the offensive driver on a middle-6 line. Perhaps the Avs run a tight ship or maybe they're just not as interested as they should be.

L.A. has been mentioned consistently. SJ was cited here. Florida was mentioned last week. McKenzie speculated that Buffalo could be interested last month.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Tons of PP time wouldn't hurt, but he's actually better at EV visually. Statistically, over the past 2 seasons, he's scored more EVGs than the likes of Ovechkin, P. Kane, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Kessel, etc.

NHL.com - Stats

He did that as the undisputed best player on his line. He's a legit 1st option from the wing position.
Can't imagine what his numbers would look like playing behind Panarin.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Blake has pretty much said hes not trading picks or young and youngish prospects for a rental. I dont see it unless it's like Martinez for Skinner. Which why would Carolina do?

I agree that I do not see how Carolina and LA make a hockey deal as what LA has in excess of Carolina does not need. However I have not read anything about Blake saying this. I feel like LA's 20th OA is very much in play, even if I do not like it.

Reactions: Rorschach

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Skinner to Dallas at the draft. Crowd goes wild and the 13th overall pick is involved as well as a prospect and minor pieces.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I agree that I do not see how Carolina and LA make a hockey deal as what LA has in excess of Carolina does not need. However I have not read anything about Blake saying this. I feel like LA's 20th OA is very much in play, even if I do not like it.

If you’re referring to veteran defensemen, that may not be the case. It's been suggested that one of Hanifin/Faulk is a legit trade candidate and if the ask from Chicago for Faulk is any indication (Saad), the team isn't looking for futures. If the Canes are serious about trying to compete next season, rolling with Bean, Hanifin, Fleury and van Riemsdyk outside of the top pair may not be viable.

Faulk for a Skinner-replacement and Skinner for a Faulk-replacement could be an option; it's been speculated that Carolina is looking to shake up the room, not blow the team up. L.A. could help there.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Oilers should be in on this guy big time.

No idea why he is rumored to be disliked in Carolina but he is a good player and will produce with a good center.

Reactions: sailorjerry97

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Oilers should be in on this guy big time.

No idea why he is rumored to be disliked in Carolina but he is a good player and will produce with a good center.

A rental winger that will cost a lot in assets and in cap space?

That's gonna be a great big pass.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He's never said it himself but Rosen has and he's about as reliable as a mouthpiece as you're going to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad