Rumor: Carolina looking to add top 6-9 forward

Da System

Apr 12, 2015
Ontario
they should go for chucky because that idiot gm in Montreal is willing to trade anyone who Therien does not like

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Nevermind I stand by what I said!! Boucher for HAYDEN Fleury.

Does that work for Carolina?

I need to be able to edit posts this is ridiculous .

You want the Hurricanes to trade away a top 10 pick blue chip defensive prospect for a 3rd line forward? Even if Boucher developed into a 20 goal guy there is absolutely no chance the Hurricanes are making that deal. Fluery is a very, very safe bet to be a cost controlled top 4 defenseman for quite a few years.

Group Chat Legend*

You want the Hurricanes to trade away a top 10 pick blue chip defensive prospect for a 3rd line forward? Even if Boucher developed into a 20 goal guy there is absolutely no chance the Hurricanes are making that deal. Fluery is a very, very safe bet to be a cost controlled top 4 defenseman for quite a few years.

Devils can add.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Devils can add.

I think a deal involving him has to be a 1 for 1 swap, similar pedigree goal scorer who is a year or two away from starting his NHL career. Otherwise the Canes allow him to come along slowly and slot him in their top 4 down the road.

Guys like Ryan Murphy or Trevor Carrick may interest New Jersey to add some offensive spark to their blueline and would come much more cheaply.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Without taking the proposal into account, there is no safe bet to become a top 4 dman.

I can list several with just as much potential and pedigree that busted.

Also, Boucher may make the NHL as 3rd liner, or he might do really well in Europe.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Without taking the proposal into account, there is no safe bet to become a top 4 dman.

I can list several with just as much potential and pedigree that busted.

Also, Boucher may make the NHL as 3rd liner, or he might do really well in Europe.

Of course not no guarantees....but if you draft a dman at 7 and he is not showing any red flags or glaring issues, you can't trade him away for a guy like Boucher. The Canes do have the luxury of being able to miss on a few guys, they have an incredible stable of under 24 yr old d-men. They are lacking in high end scoring ability.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Drew Stafford from Winnipeg. Gets you 20 goals and if don't want to sign him can probably flip him at the deadline. Not sure what I'd want tho. Needs = LHD but would be ok with a 2017 2nd and 4th

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Wouldn't mind trying to pry Tanner Pearson out of LA. He would fit in good with the young rebuilding Canes.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
would Arizona ever deal Duclair for help on defense? he seems like an ideal Canes player and they've got a lot of forwards coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00