Rumor: Carolina looking to add top 6-9 forward

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Aside from Lindholm and Nash, they’re really lacking in right-handed shooters up front. And they have tons of cap space with no key free agents to extend this summer or next besides Rask. There are a few UFAs out there that could be a fit like Connolly, Okposo, Parenteau, Purcell, Stempniak, Vrbata, etc. There are also a few trade candidates like Read, Stafford and Wingels. Others like Pominville or Dustin Brown could be tougher deals to negotiate with NMCs/NTCs and salary retention.

too busy/tired to suggest a full blown deal right now taking into account cap, but something around:

McDonagh 4.7 LD
Stepan (righty C) 6.5
and/or Zuc 4.5 nice term, shoots lefty but plays either W

for
Hanafin ELC
Pesce
Ryan Murphy (am I remembering this right, can't get fanager atm)

these are lower salary guys so NY would have to take on 1-2 bodies for cap.

I think the value is fair and both sides get need (Rangers youth, Canes production) in area of want (NYR - RD, CAR - C, LD, scoring W) but it seems to unwieldy and I am not sure it can be finalized.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
too busy/tired to suggest a full blown deal right now taking into account cap, but something around:

McDonagh 4.7 LD
Stepan (righty C) 6.5
and/or Zuc 4.5 nice term, shoots lefty but plays either W

for
Hanafin ELC
Pesce
Ryan Murphy (am I remembering this right, can't get fanager atm)

these are lower salary guys so NY would have to take on 1-2 bodies for cap.

I think the value is fair and both sides get need (Rangers youth, Canes production) in area of want (NYR - RD, CAR - C, LD, scoring W) but it seems to unwieldy and I am not sure it can be finalized.

That's ... terrible for the Rangers.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Typical HF here lol.
Rumor is a team is looking for a second or third liner so everyone starts trying to get their best player (Faulk) or trying to dump their unwanted players on them.

How about K.Kapanen + 2017 2nd(Toronto's choice of which one) for H.Fleury?
Both teams trade a good but non bluechip prospect from an area of strength. Toronto adds a bit to make up the difference in draft position/pedigree.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Typical HF here lol.
Rumor is a team is looking for a second or third liner so everyone starts trying to get their best player (Faulk) or trying to dump their unwanted players on them.

Both teams trade a good but non bluechip prospect from an area of strength. Toronto adds a bit to make up the difference in draft position/pedigree.

Deal

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Chris Kunitz. 3rd 2018 or a meh prospect. Would even do something around Ryan Murphy with a + coming from us.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Typical HF here lol.

I'm into it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad