Pre-Game Talk: CAROLINA HURRICANES @ TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS- March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Woah, everything is much better than it seems.

It was never that bad. The only bad game was @ Winnipeg where we were completely flat.

Remember when we played Winnipeg at home (the 4-1 come back to force a shootout?) We lost... but we moved up to 6th from losing lol. Getting points even when you lose is always nice. It's how the Sens are in 5th still.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Woah, everything is much better than it seems.

The five game skid kind of skewed things because people focused on the fact that they went five games without a 2 point win that they forgot that the team still picked up loser points along the way. Honestly, it was a good time to start seeing as how they had no loser points until that 5 game skid happened.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
If we make the post-season, will Hughson be calling the games or will Bob Cole?

I'm assuming Hughson would be busy with Vancouver?

If that's the case, that'll be awesome.

Penalty Kill Icing*

If we make the post-season, will Hughson be calling the games or will Bob Cole?

I'm assuming Hughson would be busy with Vancouver?

If that's the case, that'll be awesome.

IF things turn out as they are right now, make no mistake; CBC will take Eastern series and TSN picks up Vancouver. So Hughson quite likely.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
interesting game I actually wasn't aware that the canes were missing both goalies. No matter what this is a carolina team that has been good against us recently and there fighting for their playoff lives... add in the fact the Staal brothers and semin can get hot at any moment and there's a possibility for another nail biter. I would like to think we could put them away in this game just like they would put us away if we were missing both Reims and Scrivens, but even the most unkown rookie goalies sometimes put up huge games. I'm really hoping we win man this is the type of game you just have to win and we should if our team plays their best.

GenericFan2*

I think this will be the game the Leafs beat the Canes; they're slumpin' and we're just gettin' on a roll.

2 big points up for grabs!!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think this will be the game the Leafs beat the Canes; they're slumpin' and we're just gettin' on a roll.

2 big points up for grabs!!

Yeah we just need to seriously tighten up defensivley I feel like it's going to be another track meet tonight

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
We're 4th in the league on the PK, 14th on the PP. Nice.

Biggest turn around and the reason they are where they are... not sure what assistant is in charge of the P.K but well done. Also hoping Leo comes back he's a big part of the P.K.

Also anyone no if Mac will be back thursday?

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Biggest turn around and the reason they are where they are... not sure what assistant is in charge of the P.K but well done. Also hoping Leo comes back he's a big part of the P.K.

Also anyone no if Mac will be back tonight?

The game's tomorrow lol. I think Mac will be back.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
IIRC 6 now

6. 9 of a possible 12 points. 8 of a possible 10 in our last 5 games.

How many games in a row do we have at least a point in? 5? 6?

hpLywsj.png

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/tor/toronto-maple-leafs

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
interesting game I actually wasn't aware that the canes were missing both goalies. No matter what this is a carolina team that has been good against us recently and there fighting for their playoff lives... add in the fact the Staal brothers and semin can get hot at any moment and there's a possibility for another nail biter. I would like to think we could put them away in this game just like they would put us away if we were missing both Reims and Scrivens, but even the most unkown rookie goalies sometimes put up huge games. I'm really hoping we win man this is the type of game you just have to win and we should if our team plays their best.

Everybody knows Peters though, he's like a slightly better Pogge. We just have to put pucks to the net.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well just have to bring our best game and find a way to get points. This game is definitely important with the games at hand Carolina has. Need to really put them in the rear-view mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad