Pre-Game Talk: CAROLINA HURRICANES @ TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS- March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavsson50

Jul 19, 2010
Brampton
The game is easily winnable. We always have hard time winning against them but they struggling rite now. With there goalies injured its easily winnable.

GO LEAFS GO!!
going to this game. My record at leaf game so far 9-1-3.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
We should be able to beat them even when fully fit. Strange that we seem to struggle against certain teams and against others, with perhaps even better players we have it a lot easier. But this time we will WIN. Reimer in net?

Penalty Kill Icing*

We got to win against Carolina at some point, right? RIGHT?

Also, complete day-off for Leafs today.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Definitely need a 2 point in that game. Can't afford to lose points against a team playing their third string goaltender.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
A win tomorrow would cement this team as a legit playoff team in my view.

I hope they can do it...no reason why they can't.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
A win tomorrow would put a 9 point gap between the Leafs and 9th place, with around 15 games left for most teams.
It would also burn one of Carolina's games in hand vs Winnipeg.

Big game for sure.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Easily the biggest game, of the 14 left.

Only other head to head that might come as close is the Isles. Lets see where the Isles are by the 18th

They are the only 2 teams left where a head to head 4 point game can mean making the POs or not.

As for the Wash head to head, lets see where they are when we play them. It also could be a huge 4 pointer.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
One game at a time! Let's win this one and go from there.

We can come a lot closer to securing a playoff spot with a win in this one!

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Canes have been terrible of late but that lineup has the potential to explode on any night.

Win :crossfing

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Canes have been terrible of late but that lineup has the potential to explode on any night.

Win :crossfing

this ^ has me very very worried (or its the fact that the leafs havent made the playoffs in 8 years and we're all not confident about their abilities to bring us there)

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
In last 6 they lost 5 in regulation and 1 in SO, I'm thinking they are due for a win. It'd help us tremendously if we could beat them. Their goalies seem to struggle, at least from looking at game stats.

burningship.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The staal brothers really seem to especially hate the leafs for some reason and are always extra pumped to play us, so this team is always a but dangerous for us.

but we should still win....canes are playing their 3rd or 4th string goalie, and their early season scoring has slowed up a bit. now's the time to beat them.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
A win tomorrow would put a 9 point gap between the Leafs and 9th place, with around 15 games left for most teams.
It would also burn one of Carolina's games in hand vs Winnipeg.

Big game for sure.

It wouldn't, the Jets are in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Those games don't get burned until April.

The difference between these Leafs and last year's Leafs are that last year's team would've lost the game last night to Florida. This year's edition can win against these types of teams.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
If we picked up Jussi Jokinen off waivers and the the game tomorrow night, came down to a shootout and he scored the winner, the ACC would go nuts and Nonis would be a genius.

Edit: I guess it isn't going to happen.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 3m

Jokinen has cleared waivers, stays with Canes.

Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC 4m

BOS claims Daugavins on waivers. Jokinen and Wallace clears for CAR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad