Confirmed with Link: Carolina Hurricanes Sale - He Dundon it.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
At Thursday’s quarterly meeting of the Centennial Authority, the public board that administers PNC Arena, the authority went into closed session to hear an update on the sale from chairman Thomas McCormick, who had previously spoken to Dundon.

“If he indeed acquires the team, it will be of great benefit to the arena and the whole region,” McCormick said afterward.

Whether the authority would have to approve the transfer of the arena lease to Dundon would depend on how the sale is structured. If Dundon becomes a part-owner of Gale Force Holdings, the Hurricanes’ current parent company that also manages the arena, there would potentially be no alterations to the lease. That would change if Dundon created a new entity to operate the team and arena.

Possible changes to arena and it’s ownership

Even the Canes twitter is rolling with Dundon

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
tumblr_n35fr14IxQ1tw1vhco1_250.gif

Best day in Raleigh sports history the last 10 years

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm still cautious long term, but the relocation enthusiast's tears are so delicious.

NHL seems to be the only league that has a large contingent of media and fans enthusiastic about relocating franchises. At least in other league's it's mostly the owners only who seem to be enthusiastic about it.

But I'll take this for sure. Hopefully Dundon can be our Vinik.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm still cautious long term, but the relocation enthusiast's tears are so delicious.

NHL seems to be the only league that has a large contingent of media and fans enthusiastic about relocating franchises. At least in other league's it's mostly the owners only who seem to be enthusiastic about it.

But I'll take this for sure. Hopefully Dundon can be our Vinik.

I'm just glad its not like the NFL where they just randomly relocate teams without any rhyme or reason to places they've already been at.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm just glad its not like the NFL where they just randomly relocate teams without any rhyme or reason to places they've already been at.
But even then, it's a small minority of overall NFL fans that supported those moves. While the NFL and other non-NHL leagues have had relocated franchises recently, it's never really a gleeful thing to talk about like it is in the NHL. To them it's a "dey took er spert!" type of thing. Embarrassing really.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Question: I have been a fan for a long time so just give it to me straight guys. Does this mean it is somewhat official??!!!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

It was cloudy, a little cool. The leaves had just started to turn, as fall beckoned to the weary summer. She was quiet, but confident. Her eyes locked on mine, we began the dance. The dance of adventure, of curiosity, of youth. My heart began to beat harder, this was it, the moment I'd pictured, longed for. It was time. My hands knew exactly what to do as if they had a PHd in anatomy.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
But even then, it's a small minority of overall NFL fans that supported those moves. While the NFL and other non-NHL leagues have had relocated franchises recently, it's never really a gleeful thing to talk about like it is in the NHL. To them it's a "dey took er spert!" type of thing. Embarrassing really.

Many Canadians are insecure and resentful towards the US, and use hockey as an excuse to puff their chest out and act superior. Hockey being embraced by people in the south (and not just by them and Rust Belt Americans) makes them feel less special. It's like the one kid in the cafeteria who had a Gameboy and wouldn't let anyone else even look at it. Too a lesser extent, Americans in the Rust Belt are resentful of the south because that's where all the economic growth and progress is happening, everyone who's anyone is bolting southward leaving a bunch of old people and crumbling factories.

At least that's where I think it all comes from. Doesn't make it any less detestable or their tears any less delicious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad