GDT: Carolina Hurricanes at your Toronto Maple Leafs, Saturday March 16th, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
If I saw those lines for any other team I would say "who are these dudes?"

Honestly, I know it's been working for the most part but that lineup looks bad.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
To be fair Hertl is not on LTIR- he is counting against their Cap. Only Stone is on LTIR and Lehner who is on Robidas Island
No need to let facts get in the way, especially that clearly fake spleen injury that Stone has allegedly suffered....

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
No need to let facts get in the way, especially that clearly fake spleen injury that Stone has allegedly suffered....
It's more about teams like Tampa doing it as well and getting their playoff roster way past the cap. Vegas looks suss this year. It's not a legitimate beef just a meme.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's more about teams like Tampa doing it as well and getting their playoff roster way past the cap. Vegas looks suss this year. It's not a legitimate beef just a meme.
I get it where a guy misses 20 games and then seems fine for game 1 of the first round. Arguably, that is what happened with Kucherov. I think Stone (both injuries) is different. He came back in the first round last year, but you could tell that his back was still a mess. This year, who knows with a spleen injury.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm guessing we're wearing the St Pats uniforms tomorrow. Do we only play Carolina when we wear those jerseys or am I just imagining things?

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I think Reaves is out against Carolina because you usually don't need a player like him against a team like that. Canes don't really believe in toughness.

Timmins was probably just filling in for Boosh today in practice. Pairs will likely get shuffled a bit so Benoit is back in if Boosh is out tomorrow. Could see something like

Brodie-McCabe
Rielly-Edmundson (can play both sides)
Benoit-Liljegren

Reactions: arso40

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Never thought I'd advocate for Reaves to be in the lineup, but he is so much more deserving than Gregor. Benoit still being a healthy scratch is also madness
Benoit must be nursing something. Minor enough not to be on IR but enough to give him some time to heal with the extra bodies around. I can’t think of any other reason. Otherwise Keefe needs to cycle the bottom pairing guys through to keep them fresh. Lyubushkin isn’t going to make it to the playoffs the way he’s getting hammered every night.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think Reaves is out against Carolina because you usually don't need a player like him against a team like that. Canes don't really believe in toughness.

Timmins was probably just filling in for Boosh today in practice. Pairs will likely get shuffled a bit so Benoit is back in if Boosh is out tomorrow. Could see something like

Brodie-McCabe
Rielly-Edmundson (can play both sides)
Benoit-Liljegren
We have too many injuries, Reaves should be playing. But idk i guess based on the practice lines he's not

Also, Im tired of being the "Reactionary" team. "Oh if the other team is dressing their tough guys, then we'll dress ours. If not, we'll match them"

You need to establish an identity and stick to it. If you want to be known as a physical team, then stick to your guns. Have other teams react to us for a change

Thats exactly why the Bruins went out and got Maroon the very next day we bullied them

Benoit must be nursing something. Minor enough not to be on IR but enough to give him some time to heal with the extra bodies around. I can’t think of any other reason. Otherwise Keefe needs to cycle the bottom pairing guys through to keep them fresh. Lyubushkin isn’t going to make it to the playoffs the way he’s getting hammered every night.
Benoit isn't nursing anything. He's simply scratched because Keefe wants to go with this current 6 due to right/lefty

Brodie should be sitting but his contract and name power is too much to scratch. It was cause media hysteria

Reactions: arso40

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
We have too many injuries, Reaves should be playing. But idk i guess based on the practice lines he's not

Also, Im tired of being the "Reactionary" team. "Oh if the other team is dressing their tough guys, then we'll dress ours. If not, we'll match them"

You need to establish an identity and stick to it. If you want to be known as a physical team, then stick to your guns. Have other teams react to us for a change

Thats exactly why the Bruins went out and got Maroon the very next day we bullied them

Benoit isn't nursing anything. He's simply scratched because Keefe wants to go with this current 6 due to right/lefty

Brodie should be sitting but his contract and name power is too much to scratch. It was cause media hysteria

the vuy whonshould be sitting is not the guy whos playing toughest matchup/minutes night after night...

do he play in the wrong chair? yep for sure but did that make him a worst dman than exemple liljegren who was playing the easiest matchup amount all D? the answer is no, just the level of difficulty to what keefe asking to Brodie is much more higher than what he's asking to Liljegren. use liljegren the same way than brodie and i will just say good luck to the goalie who will play... will probably looking like a disaster similar tham when Muzzin get hurt vs cbs and leafs needed to replace Muzzin work load with Dermott !!!

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Marner is a Hurricane killer, shame he's not playing. Still say we win though

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
""

""

It should be a big challenge for our Leafs, hopefully they answer the bell.

""

:laugh:

8jfhfm.jpg

btw....Wasn't Jankrok just coming back from hand injury? The curse must lift of this franchise! Getting sick of the BS

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Yeah, Benoit is not injured. Keefe is just being Keefe.

To be dramatic, makes me sick to my stomach watching Benoit become a healthy scratch.

It's a clown show. Keefe states "It kills me to have to sit Benoit". Okay...so start him. He deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad