Confirmed with Link: Carlyle FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplehawk

HFB Partner
this might be the only time in history that i'll be on jeff o'neil's side - feshuk asked a Pejorative Slured question with no hope of an actual answer in order to get under phil's skin. then he tries to paint himself of some kind of noble reporting deity.

**** him.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
He is very selfish.....

Coach: "we want to try this break out"
Kessel: " no I will not do it"

Coach: "we want to try you on the left side"
Kessel: " No I do not want to play the Left side"

President: " we want you to play the left side"
Kessel " No I will not play that side"

Backcheck.....what is that....I think my ass is fine!
Block a shot my god that may hurt.

He is not interested in making the team better.....he is selfish.

Don't recall this. Do you have link? Doesn't he play left side on PP?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Dave Feschuk is a class A idiot moron, right up there in terms of douchiness with Simmons and Cox. I wonder if Feschuk will ask Kessel's mom if her son got Randy fired :shakehead

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
A new coach won't help a team that refuses to play Defense.

This is the last straw for Nonis and Co.

So, is step #2 Nonis?

Is it inevitable? If so, how long will it take?

Toronto = Coach + GM carousel?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
this might be the only time in history that i'll be on jeff o'neil's side - feshuk asked a Pejorative Slured question with no hope of an actual answer in order to get under phil's skin. then he tries to paint himself of some kind of noble reporting deity.

**** him.

Agreed. He really wasn't going for a story, he was going for a reaction. Not needed and very unprofessional. Kessel gets treated in an unprofessional way, he deserves to be unprofessional right back at him at this sensitive time.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As a Penguins fan that can appreciate a good coach firing, I urge you guy (the org) not to **** this up by hiring Bylsma.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
So, is step #2 Nonis?

Is it inevitable? If so, how long will it take?

Toronto = Coach + GM carousel?

Whatever Shanahan does with Nonis I pray to God they end this streak of GM inheriting coach, coach inheriting assistants etc

Whether it's Nonis or someone else, GM needs to choose his own coach, and coach needs to have free reign to hire his own assistants.

For gods sake set this team up for success, with mgmt and coaches that are united. Only then can you launch an assault on a troubled roster

Burke inherits Wilson
Wilson has Acs forced on him
Nonis inherits Carlyle
Carlyle has ACs forced on him

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
What is this, 1995? Bill Watters is a credible insider source of information again?

Some people don't care who's delivering the message, just as long as it fits their own narrative.

Next.

Actually, I'd love to see something, heck anything, where anyone says that Phil is an amazing guy to coach. Got anything? No? Thought so.

Btw, just like Feschuk's article before start of season, this claim hasn't been refuted by Leafs either. ;)

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
He's selfish, he's fat, he's lazy, he's whiney, he's a coach killer, why would ANY team want him?:sarcasm:
Seriously if he is all this just what value does he have on the trade market? Who would want someone as vile as he is being portrayed on this forum?:shakehead

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm glad they canned Carlyle but did they have to do the day after the juniors win the championship? The leafs organization demonstrates a lack of class by stealing the spotlight away from those kids and that's pretty sad.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm glad they canned Carlyle but did they have to do the day after the juniors win the championship? The leafs organization demonstrates a lack of class by stealing the spotlight away from those kids and that's pretty sad.

Yea, instead they should just leave him as the coach until they're certain there's no other news happening anywhere else in the world. Who cares what happens at the games in the meantime.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He is very selfish.....

Coach: "we want to try this break out"
Kessel: " no I will not do it"

Coach: "we want to try you on the left side"
Kessel: " No I do not want to play the Left side"

President: " we want you to play the left side"
Kessel " No I will not play that side"

Backcheck.....what is that....I think my ass is fine!
Block a shot my god that may hurt.

He is not interested in making the team better.....he is selfish.

Do you have a credible link for that?

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Carlyle was informed he was out yesterday and Leafs waited to announce it until today

We're they supposed to have practice sans Randy with the media hovering and no answers?

Or are they supposed to not fire him and ask Hockey Canada for permission to fire him once the celebration is over?

They did enough

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
What if the return was a cap dump and a late 1st with a prospect like Leivo? Does that set us up better?

I agree that would be a lousy trade, but that's not what I'm asking. I'd be happy to keep our PPG winger if no good trades came along. I still think management should be actively looking for opportunities to move him though. We'll never find the right trade unless they're proactive about it.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

It's the day after the championship, they won gold last night and It was a great night. This happens the day after so what? Their spotlight was last night.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yea, instead they should just leave him as the coach until they're certain there's no other news happening anywhere else in the world. Who cares what happens at the games in the meantime.

Oh come on they could've waited till tonight to do it. It's not like a coaching change is really going to affect the on ice product anyway.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
This is essentially blaming Kessel for being the only star player on the team. It's like Phil is burdening us with this need to have minimum 4 or 5 good core players to win :laugh:

I blame Kessel for not trying hard enough to be a complete player. I dont like him or his attitude and think he is one of those guys you can NOT win with.

But I blame Burke and Nonis for putting together the team we now have. That is not on Kessel, he is simply just one very talented player who is just not good enough. But replace him with, lets say Parise and this team make the playoffs. Because a star player who dont listen to the coaches and is showing fear of getting hit when he plays is sending all the wrong signals to the rest of the team. That he also blame every one around him but him self when things are not going his way is also something that makes him less of man and player.

Because that is what he is. A selfish little boy. I dont care about his talents, they mean very little to me since his flaws are greater then his skills. Send him somewhere else and let him be him and allow us for a fresh start. I dont even care much for what the return will be. A decent pick and a decent prospect, fine, make the deal. Just get him off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad