Confirmed with Link: Carlyle FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
That is the thing some posters seem to not understand. That we have already made a huge commitment both in terms of assets given up and also financially to get and keep Kessel around. To get players in to cover his flaws and make him the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, even more assets will have to be spent and even more financial commitments will have to be made. And we are up against the cap so we will have to get rid of our depth to make that work, and we dont have much coming up through the system since we have in the past traded away a lot of picks and prospects to get the team we currently have.

Sometime I would think that this logic would sink in and people would understand that you cant move forward with Kessel and expect to land top players how his calibre to make the team better. The only way is to keep things as they are OR trade away Kessel and others and rebuild and hope the right pieces land in the right places this time around.

The cap miss-management is all on Nonis and he's a big reason why the Leafs don't have the right support cast for Kessel, I still think Kessel is a guy you can win with.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
i think this skin tight shirt kessel is wearing proves he is in no way fat

1fa14400-7eaa-11e4-8e5e-7fa896a814ff_dsfsdafsdafs.jpg

i... concur

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
There is so much wrong with this post...
Lazy you may have a bit of a point (also could be the fact that he has lost faith in a coach).
Whiny Im not sure where that comes from
Very Selfish with 23 Assists to lead the team
And how you know he takes everything out on his team ?

so a new coach and kessel i gonna show more backchecking?he disapears too much

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
everything is moving very quickly here

I don't think it's bad that Kessel was asked the question - but I think Feschuck being a journalist has the capability to frame it in a more tactful way. For the life of me I don't understand why people feel that it's acceptable for people to be rude to someone because they don't like the question because they are a quote/unquote "idiot". Feschuck was wrong in the way he said it -but Kessel was just as wrong to laugh at him and say "he's an idiot" for not liking the question

But its okay to refer to a person as a "Big mouth blowhard idiot" because you don't like them, right?

hammertime

Aug 7, 2005
The Real Reason Randy was Fired!

After two yeras of intense investigating I believe that I have uncovered the real problem with the Leaf organisation. It runs very deep and affects even the minor league program. Please examine the evidence presented in the photo album

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is just for starters. If you need more proof I've got it!

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
There is so much wrong with this post...
Lazy you may have a bit of a point (also could be the fact that he has lost faith in a coach).
Whiny Im not sure where that comes from
Very Selfish with 23 Assists to lead the team
And how you know he takes everything out on his team ?

Yeah, he's only elevated EVERY linemate he's played with to career-highs and way above what they should produce (IE: Lupul and Bozak)

What a selfish player.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
After two yeras of intense investigating I believe that I have uncovered the real problem with the Leaf organisation. It runs very deep and affects even the minor league program. Please examine the evidence presented in the photo album

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is just for starters. If you need more proof I've got it!

Me thinks some drug testing may be in order here?;)

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
That is the thing some posters seem to not understand. That we have already made a huge commitment both in terms of assets given up and also financially to get and keep Kessel around. To get players in to cover his flaws and make him the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, even more assets will have to be spent and even more financial commitments will have to be made. And we are up against the cap so we will have to get rid of our depth to make that work, and we dont have much coming up through the system since we have in the past traded away a lot of picks and prospects to get the team we currently have.

Sometime I would think that this logic would sink in and people would understand that you cant move forward with Kessel and expect to land top players how his calibre to make the team better. The only way is to keep things as they are OR trade away Kessel and others and rebuild and hope the right pieces land in the right places this time around.

This is essentially blaming Kessel for being the only star player on the team. It's like Phil is burdening us with this need to have minimum 4 or 5 good core players to win :laugh:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Yeah, he's only elevated EVERY linemate he's played with to career-highs and way above what they should produce (IE: Lupul and Bozak)

What a selfish player.

Selfish does not always mean ability to pass the puck. Nobody is disputing his talent, but his work ethic and attitude proves he is selfish. When things dont go his way, he whines, to the refs to his teammates etc. He argues with refs while the play is still going on, thats not putting the team first, which is selfish.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Regardless of the reasoning, it worked

Nash got the Blue Jackets a young roster player in Dubinsky, another young roster player in Anisimov, an okay prospect in Erixon and NYR's 1st round pick.

That was Nash's cost when everyone knew he was getting traded. Not sure how close that is to what Kessel is worth but I think that's a good starting point.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Feschuk is an idiot for asking that question. What kind of question is that? Of course he is tough to coach.. there is proof everywhere.

1. Reports out of Boston weren't exactly "we are losing a great team player" on Phil.
2. Feschuk himself wrote an article on what Spott said about Kessel.
3. Wilson, the only Leafs coach besides Carlyle to coach Kessel said pretty much the same thing.
4. J S Giguere was kind enough not to name Kessel, but it isn't tough to figure who he was pointing to.
5. Bill Watters said the same thing last week too.

So, either all of the above really hold a grudge on Kessel because he ran over their puppies; or they are all right and Kessel IS uncoachable.

Either way, Kessel is right in that Feschuk is an idiot for asking a question with such an obvious answer. :facepalm:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

What a selfish player.

He is very selfish.....

Coach: "we want to try this break out"
Kessel: " no I will not do it"

Coach: "we want to try you on the left side"
Kessel: " No I do not want to play the Left side"

President: " we want you to play the left side"
Kessel " No I will not play that side"

Backcheck.....what is that....I think my ass is fine!
Block a shot my god that may hurt.

He is not interested in making the team better.....he is selfish.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I believe in 2017 for Kane and 2016 for Kopitar. If not those players we can pickup Toews, Crosby and Malkin and I think we should be good to go.

Wonderland sure does sound nice. Take me there one day?

How about finding players to compliment Kessel?

How's that idea, Leafs management?

look at our cap space, look at our assets. not happening.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Dont think I will see the day when Kessel/Phaneuf gets dealt. The value on the offers will eb too low for any GM to bite. If they do get traded I will be shocked.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is very selfish.....

Coach: "we want to try this break out"
Kessel: " no I will not do it"

Coach: "we want to try you on the left side"
Kessel: " No I do not want to play the Left side"

President: " we want you to play the left side"
Kessel " No I will not play that side"

Backcheck.....what is that....I think my ass is fine!
Block a shot my god that may hurt.

He is not interested in making the team better.....he is selfish.
Yet, was offered 8 X 8 yrs...:shakehead

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
look at our cap space, look at our assets. not happening.

Obviously I understand that this is not a quick and easy fix which is why this issue needs to be addressed in the draft in the next few years. I don't think the Leafs could afford to lose Kessel in a trade right now.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
My reaction after I read every post in this thread:

1503917_10205605449438280_4155511700825781582_n.jpg

I just dont know what to say really. The Toronto media is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know if I want to cry or laugh.
This is so sad. Ok I want to cry.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
But its okay to refer to a person as a "Big mouth blowhard idiot" because you don't like them, right?

and I apologised for that (shrug). and I am not talking to Burke or Lieweke in the media, which is being recorded and being played on every radio, and television clip right now.

but if you want to throw stones at me, for being a fan saying that for 6 years two people in charge pretty much said a lot of words and that was it and in one fit of frustration said one bad thing. vs. a professional person in his place of business calling someone in the media (where like it or not they have to work in tandem) calling him an idiot because he didn't like a question where the media had every right in this circumstance to ask, then going to his peers and laugh and say other egregious things as that's comparable? that's fine.

all i know if I said that in my place of employment - there would be words said by my boss. that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad