Confirmed with Link: Carlsson on the way to the States from Sweden

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
:amazed:

Psyched.

For most of us our first look at the guy is going to be on the Jackets top pair, two games before the playoffs.

I think this post does exactly where the game mindset is right now. A kid from Sweden who has been in the states for less than a week is being put in the first pair. I don't think they're putting to much pressure on themselves these last 2 games.

Kids looked good so far. Would rather see him paired with Murray on the 3rd pair.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
For those who didn't get to watch the game; how was his debut? All I can tell from the stat sheet is that he was on the ice for 3 of the flyers 4 goals...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
For those who didn't get to watch the game; how was his debut? All I can tell from the stat sheet is that he was on the ice for 3 of the flyers 4 goals...

Pretty poised for his 1st NHL game. Two of the goals were snipes past Bob's ears. One game is hard to judge, but he was very good positionally and quite good with the puck. Torts said in postgame that he will play tomorrow too.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I can't remember the third goal, but the first one was well defended and Bob should have had it. The second one Jones ran into Bob.

He made good decisions. Carlsson has very good mobility, reach, and a good stick. He was able to shutdown a few plays that I wasn't sure he could handle.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If you watch the goal where Jones ran into the goalie I think Carlsson made the wrong play. You see Jones pointing for him to cover the back side after the cross, Carlsson goes after the guy with the puck and Jones ends up fighting to get back into position. If I'm recalling correctly.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
If you watch the goal where Jones ran into the goalie I think Carlsson made the wrong play. You see Jones pointing for him to cover the back side after the cross, Carlsson goes after the guy with the puck and Jones ends up fighting to get back into position. If I'm recalling correctly.

I remember seeing Jones do that on the snipe from Bellemare, but I don't recall that on the goal where Jones bumped Bob. Could be wrong.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

That's not what happened on the second goal with the collision. You might be thinking of the first, where they had to cross. But that wasn't a real scoring chance anyways - Bellemare beat Bob clean from the half wall.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I didn't watch the entire game, but I was impressed with his play. He did better than I expected for his first game in the NHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That's not what happened on the second goal with the collision. You might be thinking of the first, where they had to cross. But that wasn't a real scoring chance anyways - Bellemare beat Bob clean from the half wall.

You're right. Bob should have had it though. So it's not on Carlsson.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
As part of the black aces or actual roster? I'm a big fan of the kid, but wow didn't think he'd be that NHL ready yet.

Torts has spoken highly of him after two starts. My guess is the only way he comes in is for injury.

Hairington-Quincey, or Nutivaara-Quincey on the third pair.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, then. All we have to do then is call over Gavrikov and we can have two thirds of our blueline made up of 2015 draftees. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad