What money and term will Hags get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Hagelin is declining, why sign him?

I love him, but we moved on because he was not performing. He did not show anything last year that's worth us getting him back.

Thanks for the memories and that's it... and I was against trading him.

This.

I appreciate everything the guy did. He was arguably one of our best forwards from January to June in 2016. Playoffs included, Hagelin played 61 games for the Penguins, he had 16 goals, and 27 assists for 43 points all while being our best defensive forward and a huge game changer for us. 2017 he was pretty lackluster, playoffs included.

It's really a shame because I think he'll end up re-signing in Washington. I just don't want to end up like LA or Chicago. Clinging onto previous talent. I'd much rather sign Panik or Donskoi for $3M a season for a several seasons than re-sign a guy who's offense is virtually non-existent anymore. You miss the speed, you miss the defense, the little things. However, there's no reason why the Penguins couldn't find a similar alternative for less money. I'd much rather have a guy who's slightly less fast or good defensively for the same amount but a guy who can score 15-20 goals and 30-40 points. Hagelin can no longer do that.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
If they used Phil as often as they tried Rust and Simon on Sid's RW, we wouldn't be in such ****. The issue is the rest of the depth
I dont think Kessel fits with Crosby or Malkin. They have to cater to him more than he caters to them.

Rust goes out, works hard and gets to pucks but the Pens have three lines with stars on them... All of them need puck getters as a third wheel.

Malkin doesn't even have a legit 2nd wheel.

If the Pens have...

Guentzel Crosby
Bjugstad Kessel
Malkin with... I dont know McCann

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I dont think Kessel fits with Crosby or Malkin. They have to cater to him more than he caters to them.

Rust goes out, works hard and gets to pucks but the Pens have three lines with stars on them... All of them need puck getters as a third wheel.

Malkin doesn't even have a legit 2nd wheel.

If the Pens have...

Guentzel Crosby
Bjugstad Kessel
Malkin with... I dont know McCann
Kessel has never looked bad with Sid. He's had a handful of shifts with him and has looked insanely deadly each time. The issue isn't the defense part because if you took Jake off that left side and added an insane threat like Phil to Sid's RW, you can throw in a tard like Aston Reese and it'd be fine. It then allows you to shift Jake to Genos line, which may work as well as with Sid.

So no offense to you, but I call f***ing bullshit on this whole hoopla. Sid dictates shit, he's a f***ing player. Not a coach. Not an owner. He should shut the f*** up and play with who he gets if he wants another cup.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know but he doesn't fit with Phil either.
Let's just sit back and think about the fact that we have Kessel and Horny and we use Rust and Simon in roles we should be using them in. Part of it is a coaching staff is beyond idiotic, a part is a GM that lost his power in this whole mess, and a big part is players calling the shots for who they want to play with.

I am 100% on board with a massive shake up with guys most would never see traded. It's a business. You're not in it to be loyal to people that decrease in production because of some sort of nostalgia. You're in it to win the ultimate prize and if you can't get your shit sorted to be in a good spot to do it, then get the f*** off the team.

I hope Hagelin doesn't sign but I know he will because he just got bumped to 3 teams in a season and he's not gonna want to do that anymore at his age. He'll either get the term with the Caps or another team will. I wish we could get him back at 4yrs at 3m per. Then move out the trash on D that we keep talking about.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kessel has never looked bad with Sid. He's had a handful of shifts with him and has looked insanely deadly each time. The issue isn't the defense part because if you took Jake off that left side and added an insane threat like Phil to Sid's RW, you can throw in a tard like Aston Reese and it'd be fine. It then allows you to shift Jake to Genos line, which may work as well as with Sid.

So no offense to you, but I call ****ing bull**** on this whole hoopla. Sid dictates ****, he's a ****ing player. Not a coach. Not an owner. He should shut the **** up and play with who he gets if he wants another cup.

How do you explain the lack of Hornqvist with Sid the last two years then?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So the coach that went from Kunitz - Crosby - Hornqvist every night in 15-16 to start a game decided to start hating them?
Dude you know it's partly the coach and the player at fault there.

Also you had to go back 4yrs for that. You know this right??

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Why are people on this board so obssessed with Hagelin?

tenor.gif

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why are people on this board so obssessed with Hagelin?

Deep down I think some of them wanted the Caps to repeat as champions just for another reason to be angry at Rutherford for this trade.

Come to think of it with Hagelin and Simon, this board REALLY likes players who don't score much. I mean this place really goes out in full force to defend them, or if they get traded then they rage about it for months. :laugh:

Reactions: Pens17

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Our consensus was 3 years between 3-3.5M.

Our consensus was wrong. Not surprised 4 years got the deal done, I am surprised it was for only 2.75...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad