What money and term will Hags get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As much as I think about the 4 or 5 or even 6 year deal - I think that only contenders will be chasing a guy like Hags, and I don't know how readily those types of teams will want to go 4+ years w/term.

I went with 3 x 3.5

I agree. But I figure tossing that extra year in to keep the cap down a tad might be a thing.

Reactions: molon labe

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going with 4 at $3.5....that’s what I think he’ll get if he goes to July 1 and doesn’t resign with the Caps

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
3 years 3 mill... I wouldn't mind him coming back and Rust leaving for a 3rd.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
If Hags came at 3x3 I’d consider it. But I mean why are we getting rid of Rust? Rust is the better player.
I dont know. I like both on the PK but I think Hagelin plays better with Malkin and has a history with Zuccerello.... And I want Zucc.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
5 goals last year....

He hasn’t scored more than 10 goals in a season since 2014-2015.

This team has enough crappy contracts; I might stay away. Spend the money on Zucc.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
His goal scoring is non existent. He's 3rd liner at best. His contract will be overpriced due to his reputation. I'd say 3 years 3.5 mill

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think he gets close to 3 years 2.5 million and I hope it’s not from us.

He’s not there yet but he’s basically reeeaaally close to being a 4th liner and he’s also not getting any younger.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I think he gets close to 3 years 2.5 million and I hope it’s not from us.

He’s not there yet but he’s basically reeeaaally close to being a 4th liner and he’s also not getting any younger.

This was essentially my number too, and pretty much the outer limit for what I would consider for bringing him back to the Pens.

If he really is a "locker room glue" kind of guy, I'm willing to see him back here. Because I want happy stars, but I also think 2.5M for all the (non offensive) facets of his game could be worth it. His offense is anemic but he's so useful in the PK/late game situations. And he showed an offensive jolt in Washington. Probably a flash in the pan but who knows.

I'm guessing its all a moot point, though. He will surely get offered 3M to 3.5M from someone, out there, and he'd be foolish not to take it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I really hope some other team signs him; we can’t handle another bad contract.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I dont know. I like both on the PK but I think Hagelin plays better with Malkin and has a history with Zuccerello.... And I want Zucc.

There’s other ways to create cap space than Rust. We need to stop sending away assets to create cap space — JR needs to stop ****ing up free agency. And deal with the real issues on this team.

Zuc with Geno would be sweet. Probably more than we can afford though.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
There’s other ways to create cap space than Rust. We need to stop sending away assets to create cap space — JR needs to stop ****ing up free agency. And deal with the real issues on this team.

Im just not a big Rust guy. I think both are good at getting to pucks first but Hags can make a play after that... Rust just puts logo buster shots on net.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Im just not a big Rust guy. I think both are good at getting to pucks first but Hags can make a play after that... Rust just puts logo buster shots on net.
Rust is a shooter and Hags is a playmaker for the most part. Rust was fine in that role before he became a playoff hero. People tend to forget that. The issues With Rust is how this staff uses him. It's incorrect.

Reactions: Burn

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think the Pens need to dump some bad and some good players to change up some of the issues.

Bad out: Maatta and JJ
Good Out: Hornqvist and this hurts me to say.

Get: Zucc and Miller.

Miller, Malkin, Zuccarello
McCann, Bjugstad, Rust

That's a good 2 and 3 line.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Rust is a shooter and Hags is a playmaker for the most part. Rust was fine in that role before he became a playoff hero. People tend to forget that. The issues With Rust is how this staff uses him. It's incorrect.
That's the thing. He gets into Tyler Kennedy mode and its a waster with Crosby and Malkin.

If him and Bjugstad can be the new Staal and TK on the third line... Im fine with it. With Sid and Geno... Not so much.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the thing. He gets into Tyler Kennedy mode and its a waster with Crosby and Malkin.

If him and Bjugstad can be the new Staal and TK on the third line... Im fine with it. With Sid and Geno... Not so much.
Rust is good in a 3rd line role. In the top 6 they make him play a game that isn't suited for his limited but unique skillset.

It's not his fault.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't get that. It's like me giving my 1yr old niece the same work I give my 4yr old nephew. For one, she can't read, but I can blame her for that because that's how people rationalize issues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad