Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Yes, sure guys Price is our problem....wow, just wow...ALL that is wrong with our team, and you guys are upset with Price?

Price has not played well, but he has the worst roster in the league in front of him. Take away all the goals that were directly caused by Alzner, Petry and Benn and his numbers look quite a bit better.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Yes, sure guys Price is our problem....wow, just wow...ALL that is wrong with our team, and you guys are upset with Price?

Hes part of the problem. Theres a nuance there.

When your team suck , its kind of normal to point the fingers at the top players (leaders) of the team.

Dont you see how shitty Price is playing?

Reactions: Phillip The Third

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

When your team suck , its kind of normal to point the fingers at the top players (leaders) of the team.

Dont you see how ****ty Price is playing?

Why can't more people understand that ?

We can rag on Morrow/Hemsky all day long but we expect garbage from them and it's not gonna change. I don't expect the garbage Price is laying on display for us all every game since the first game.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Price has not played well, but he has the worst roster in the league in front of him. Take away all the goals that were directly caused by Alzner, Petry and Benn and his numbers look quite a bit better.

Petry, Alzner and Benn's numbers would also look better if we had a goalie with a save % better than .881. He's #44 for chrissakes. How does he escape blame every time he plays like garbage ? I don't understand it.

Reactions: Genesis76

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't know what is going on with Price, he is not the only problem but why can't a 10.5 million goalie steal a win? Imo there is something wrong with Price.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
How does he escape blame every time he plays like garbage ? I don't understand it.

I just said he hasn't played well. Obviously he deserves some blame for less than stellar performances. He's still the best player on this team and likely the only reason we'll win any games this year.

I also think his contract is one of the worst in the league and will haunt us for years.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Petry, Alzner and Benn's numbers would also look better if we had a goalie with a save % better than .881. He's #44 for chrissakes. How does he escape blame every time he plays like garbage ? I don't understand it.

Because its Price, the best hockey player in the universe. He cant do no wrong:help:.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Dont you see how ****ty Price is playing?
Price has been pretty average, but the team in front of him is brutal right now..................there is so much wrong with the \habs right now, that Price is pretty far down on the list for me...................Molson, MB, Timmins, all are much bigger issues for me....the media are in their also....it's all become a joke, but if you want to hang Price, go for it...we are not even an AHL team without him...it was already proven.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price has been pretty average, but the team in front of him is brutal right now..................there is so much wrong with the \habs right now, that Price is pretty far down on the list for me...................Molson, MB, Timmins, all are much bigger issues for me....the media are in their also....it's all become a joke, but if you want to hang Price, go for it...we are not even an AHL team without him...it was already proven.

Were not an ahl team with him so go figure.

No need to sugar coat this hes a grown man now, he knows mtl very well, he signed a mega deal here, he needs to find solutions, minimum help his teamates. Right now him , weber, patioready and purple pants look like passengers.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Insane in here that you can't say that Price is bad because others are worst. Price is bad. Clearly not playing like the guy who's ll get 10.5M$ next year. Yes, this team lacks talent. With all the chances they got yesterday, a real team has 7 goals. At least. But Price is bad. Just f***ing admit it for once.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Price has played badly overall this season. Personally, I believe Bartlett when he says that once Carey breaks a stick, it's God mode for awhile. He looked like his old self after that 6th goal. I know...I know...just saying I'm predicting he goes back to his usual self now.

The difference between Price and the others is that Price is playing badly. The others are just bad. I have no confidence that Pacioretty is suddenly going to get his game together even though everyone says he's streaky. I am confident that if we put in the effort to win a game, for 60 min, Price will get the job done from here on out.

Our D is so brutal, I cannot understand how MB wasn't fired yesterday. It's also making it harder on the fwds who've had to help out more, but who have also missed coverage assignments.

Fix the D -- see everything change.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Price was outplayed last night by a 2.3 mil net minder, easily. Maybe Price isn't the main problem here but that 10 mil oughta get something now and then. He sure hasn't been any part of the solution to this point.

drebola

Oct 17, 2017
PK for 9M
Price for 10.5M
Alzner 4.5M
Shaw....
Plekanec for 6M

How is he allowed to do that??????????????

Get Pacioretty out of here before MB signs him 8M for 8 years.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
At no given time have i heard heard a soul in mtl complain about Pk's salary

Price's big contract hasn't even started and thats all Everyone is talking about.

It says alot about Purple Pants IQ.

Reactions: Nedved

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So we should expect our forwards to play like Edmonton from the 80's?

Defensively, the team has to be better and yeah, more offense is needed. Granted, Price is playing like crap, not sugar coating that, but maybe it’s time to relook the structure and strategy and try something different because Price isn’t stealing games right now and he is clearly struggling.

To add, Montoya got shelled also, so this is clearly a team issue. Price is part of the problem for sure, but not the sole one. Lots of blame to go around and end of the day, it starts from the top.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Bartlett made a good point after Price broke his stick. Price is one of those guys who doesn't display emotion outwardly, but now that he has, he might start playing with some purpose. It's a long season that could go either way, but hopefully that display was a turning point.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bartlett made a good point after Price broke his stick. Price is one of those guys who doesn't display emotion outwardly, but now that he has, he might start playing with some purpose. It's a long season that could go either way, but hopefully that display was a turning point.
We could use the losers out in front of him, to break their sticks also...we need the help. Sad state of affairs, that Price has to carry the team, for years on end now...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We literally had 30 shots in the 2nd period. 30 SHOTS. We needed Price to make some saves in the 3rd to keep it close, and he couldn't. The team fell apart after.

Reactions: AnctilNDG

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Gibson was unreal in the 2nd last night, they should have had 3-4 goals, he took a page from Price's old playbook. Price sucked, but good news is he looked like his hold self after he broke his stick.

DrMuffinStuffin

Sep 21, 2017
Carey Price isn't your problem.

Perhaps consider your goals for over the last 6 games....

Obviously not counting the year he played 10 games he ends up in the top 5 goalies or so over the last 6 years. Career-wise he's definitely in the top half of the goalies out there. Don't know if that means he is the best player in the world as the media pundits like to parrot.

Price should not get full blame for this bad start, in the same way he is not to get full credit for his past seasons. For Price to get back to his former stats the team will need to replace the lost key D-men and get back to the (imo) boring grinding hockey that Therrien promoted.

They will get out of this slump somewhat, as it is practically impossible for any team in the NHL to loose this much for a longer period of time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There's no doubt that the club has left him out to dry. But there's also no doubt that he's letting in goals that never would've gone in over the past several years. You can't blame the team in front of him for everything. He's had bad teams in front of him before and still prevailed. He needs to do that now. At the very least he has to stop letting in some of the soft goals that have happened.

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad