Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
people should get over it, I mean, if you're under 40 chances are you don't remember Habs last Cup (live obviously)...

so yeah, storied... what story ? the last 25 years of mediocrity ? or all those dynasty years you didnt see cause you werent born yet ? ?

Get over what exactly? If I’m not mistaken, he’s got the second highest cap hit in the league. Therefore, he’s expected to carry this team. He should be at least top 10 in stats, meanwhile he’s at the bottom of the league. Besides at 10.5M, he can afford the criticism, it comes with the territory and that’s how it goes in any industry in life. Big contracts, big titles, you expect performance.

Reactions: AnctilNDG

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG
Nobody is going to remember Price's 3 trophy year?
I remember him playing 896 2.99 that year vs tamba in the playoffs, at the end of the day we remember winners... there are two trophies that actually matter: stanley cup and maybe conny smithe, the rest are just to sell t-shirts and posters

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I remember him playing 896 2.99 that year vs tamba in the playoffs, at the end of the day we remember winners... there are two trophies that actually matter: stanley cup and maybe conny smithe, the rest are just to sell t-shirts and posters
So no need to stress out about these early regular season games then.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
So why are you all getting your panties in a bunch about his regular season start if all that matters is the Stanley Cup and maybe the "conny smithe"?

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Get over what exactly? If I’m not mistaken, he’s got the second highest cap hit in the league. Therefore, he’s expected to carry this team. He should be at least top 10 in stats, meanwhile he’s at the bottom of the league. Besides at 10.5M, he can afford the criticism, it comes with the territory and that’s how it goes in any industry in life. Big contracts, big titles, you expect performance.

You can verify it here: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active

44th in the league, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad